What Happened to Scott?

neilman1234

I see the Eagles have fallen on hard times. Over the last 4 seasons, Scott had tons of talent and attitude to back it up. They were a force and seemed like they were here to stay. This year, they have scored 2 goals all season and are winless. What happened? Did they have a magical run never to be seen again? Did the turmoil take it's toll? How can a program go from a state finals appearance in 2014 to a disaster in 2016?

Good question and I will be interested to hear from some insiders.

I can only speculate but certainly one can assume there are a few reasons for their ambiguity.

Their former coach appeared to allow anything and everything go on with no accountability?

AD and administration allowed the program to run amok?

Kenton Co open enrollment policy, in combination with an out of control program invites and allows players to attend other Kenton Co schools? Not sure how any parent of a junior high student that witnessed this program under the former coach and the 2014 State Finals game in particular would be excited to have their son play for this program.

Just so happens the talent is down? Its hard to blame how far the program has fallen in a very short time on this one alone.

All of this and a lack of tradition......it is tradition that carries a program forward in the lean talent years .....it is also tradition that brings talent in.

At the same time the players were allegedly allowed to run amuck (alledgedly because if you weren't part of the program, you only saw it from the outside), there was also very bad press about what was happening with the school itself.....grades, fighting, bullying, etc......this also had to have impact on who came and who didn't.

Isn't it ironic that just a few short miles away, Calvary is having their best talent year while the Eagles may be having their worst?

All of this and a lack of tradition......it is tradition that carries a program forward in the lean talent years .....it is also tradition that brings talent in.

At the same time the players were allegedly allowed to run amuck (alledgedly because if you weren't part of the program, you only saw it from the outside), there was also very bad press about what was happening with the school itself.....grades, fighting, bullying, etc......this also had to have impact on who came and who didn't.

Isn't it ironic that just a few short miles away, Calvary is having their best talent year while the Eagles may be having their worst?

My guess it there is zero relation. From what I know the kids attending Calvary HS have come up through their school from day one, K-12 or moved into the area and attend the school for its strong Christian beliefs. This is NOT a knock on Scott, but only a compliment to Calvary.

Having been an insider to this program I could tell you there many reasons as to why it has fallen apart. It was like watching a soap opera about a high school soccer team. A lot of it would be inappropriate to discuss online due to the players, coaches, parents involved.

Having been an insider to this program I could tell you there many reasons as to why it has fallen apart. It was like watching a soap opera about a high school soccer team. A lot of it would be inappropriate to discuss online due to the players, coaches, parents involved.

Are we in a basketball forum or soccer forum?

Good question and I will be interested to hear from some insiders.

I can only speculate but certainly one can assume there are a few reasons for their ambiguity.

Their former coach appeared to allow anything and everything go on with no accountability?

AD and administration allowed the program to run amok?

Kenton Co open enrollment policy, in combination with an out of control program invites and allows players to attend other Kenton Co schools? Not sure how any parent of a junior high student that witnessed this program under the former coach and the 2014 State Finals game in particular would be excited to have their son play for this program.

Just so happens the talent is down? Its hard to blame how far the program has fallen in a very short time on this one alone.

Totally looking at this program from the outside, but some of these responses seem odd. An incredibly talented team for several years with a state runner up. That's pretty amazing. Coach leaves a year or two ago? Heard took a college job?

Now the program is down and everyone is blaming the past coaches and team that did so well for why the team is bad now? From the outside it looks like losing the head coach caused the tail spin.

Again, just looking from the outside. A lot of this doesn't seem to make a lot of sense? Seems more like personal bias on some peoples part, not objective reasoning?

Totally looking at this program from the outside, but some of these responses seem odd. An incredibly talented team for several years with a state runner up. That's pretty amazing. Coach leaves a year or two ago? Heard took a college job?

Now the program is down and everyone is blaming the past coaches and team that did so well for why the team is bad now? From the outside it looks like losing the head coach caused the tail spin.

Again, just looking from the outside. A lot of this doesn't seem to make a lot of sense? Seems more like personal bias on some peoples part, not objective reasoning?

I know that this is football, but look at how Rodenburg left CovCath. He ignored the youth program and player development. Knew that he had a killer class to lean on and left after they won the state title. If the past coaching staff didn't reach out to players, or develop younger classes, well, then you can give them a fair share of the blame for the current state of the program.

I know that this is football, but look at how Rodenburg left CovCath. He ignored the youth program and player development. Knew that he had a killer class to lean on and left after they won the state title. If the past coaching staff didn't reach out to players, or develop younger classes, well, then you can give them a fair share of the blame for the current state of the program.

Maybe, I can see the logic in that. But two things: The above posters did not reference not developing younger players. Also, do soccer coaches do a lot of that besides running a kids camp to make some $, I don't think I've ever seen high school coaches working directly with youth soccer programs in their area to develop their future talent. Heck, a lot of football coaches don't do that either.

The amount of misinformation in this thread is comical.

That's a fairly silly comment. If someone put out incorrect information publicly on this thread then you should feel some responsibility to correct the information with facts so there is no/less libel. Otherwise you just sound silly.

Careful. Do you know your facts 100%? If not I would be careful accusing a person of these sort of things. I do not claim to know the facts 100% but I heard from good sources that Rodenberg left CCH to return to teach and coach in the Cincinnati diocese to continue working towards the number of years service to ensure his retirement.

Careful. Do you know your facts 100%? If not I would be careful accusing a person of these sort of things. I do not claim to know the facts 100% but I heard from good sources that Rodenberg left CCH to return to teach and coach in the Cincinnati diocese to continue working towards the number of years service to ensure his retirement.

Careful? Interesting, what has CovCath's record been since 2006?