Graves County 43 Paducah Tilghman 42

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, he was out and was deeply missed.

We lost that game at the LOS and he would have been a huge help.

I'm not trying to slight his backups, but it was pretty obvious there was something missing up front. That young man is a difference maker on both sides of the ball. I hope he makes it back, he's fun to watch.

Would be nice if Tilghman could post the final play on Hudl

I am not saying by any means that the refs slighted them or that they didn't lose the game on their own, but the situation described makes me wonder what in the world possibly was called or ruled

Did the refs explain the call to the Tilghman staff? How did they react?

It looked to me they called a personal foul/targeting on a PT receiver behind the play. While the receiver with the ball is racing into the end zone with no defenders in sight, a PT receiver back at the 35 yr line crushes a Graves defender that's just jogging along well behind the action. That's my best guess given where they spotted the next play.

It looked to me they called a personal foul/targeting on a PT receiver behind the play. While the receiver with the ball is racing into the end zone with no defenders in sight, a PT receiver back at the 35 yr line crushes a Graves defender that's just jogging along well behind the action. That's my best guess given where they spotted the next play.

That kind of stuff was a point of emphasis on the rules clinic this year.

This was shared with me

Looks very clearly that the penalty was a targeting/illegal crackback call back behind the play and it was a completely unnecessary penalty at that. Hard to argue the flag being thrown on this one.

Not sure that I agree. While the block in itself ended up being unnecessary....the block came from a receiver downfield....with his back to his ENDZONE. It doesn't appear that he knows exactly where his teammate is....he just sees a GC defender chasing after the receiver. The hit was clean.... IMO, that's a terrible call....and it essentially took the game out of the hands of the kids and put squarely in the hands of the officials. My guess is that reprimands were handed down. Sorry....but that was a clean block. Period. Nothing Malicious. Just a solid block

Not sure that I agree. While the block in itself ended up being unnecessary....the block came from a receiver downfield....with his back to his ENDZONE. It doesn't appear that he knows exactly where his teammate is....he just sees a GC defender chasing after the receiver. The hit was clean.... IMO, that's a terrible call....and it essentially took the game out of the hands of the kids and put squarely in the hands of the officials. My guess is that reprimands were handed down. Sorry....but that was a clean block. Period. Nothing Malicious. Just a solid block

Again, that was a point of emphasis this year and is a flag in KHSAA now whether we like it or not.

Do not agree whatseover

Watch it again... the ball is caught by his teammate in front of him and he sees he is the only man running down the field

At :10 the WR catches the ball and engages the Safety. The flagged offensive player does not block the defender until :14...

Four full Seconds of his teammate being clear and running down field. When he makes the block at the 26 yard line his teammate is at the 13... This is as about as clear of a case of an illegal crackback/targeting as you will find.

If the block occurred while the player was trying to evade a defender I totally agree it is clean..but going by the letter of the law and having this happen 4 seconds and 13 yards (Nearly 40 Feet) behind the play, it is very clear this was a block that deserved a flag.

Do not agree whatseover

Watch it again... the ball is caught by his teammate in front of him and he sees he is the only man running down the field

At :10 the WR catches the ball and engages the Safety. The flagged offensive player does not block the defender until :14...

Four full Seconds of his teammate being clear and running down field. When he makes the block at the 26 yard line his teammate is at the 13... This is as about as clear of a case of an illegal crackback/targeting as you will find.

I did watch it again...over and over. Does the blocker ever take his eyes and head downfield to see where he is? No. He may see his teammate catch the ball because the blocker was initially farther downfield....but his head never turns downfield...he's always looking back upfield. The defender was not blindsided by any means. It is what it is....and we can all agree to disagree. But.....IMO, that's a terrible call.....

I did watch it again...over and over. Does the blocker ever take his eyes and head downfield to see where he is? No. He may see his teammate catch the ball because the blocker was initially farther downfield....but his head never turns downfield...he's always looking back upfield. The defender was not blindsided by any means. It is what it is....and we can all agree to disagree. But.....IMO, that's a terrible call.....

I agree not a good call. Not terrible but unnecessary.

After watching it again and stopping it, the blocker never looks to see where the receiver is, he just sees a Graves defender chasing and he makes a block.

I would call it a bad flag.

I think the big stink was the ref signaled Personal foul, illegal receiver downfield.

And then moved the ball back to the 40. I guess I need some clarification on how that was administered.

Also on Graves final score, the officials told Coach that the flag was waved off because the holding penalty occurred after the score?

I think the big stink was the ref signaled Personal foul, illegal receiver downfield.

And then moved the ball back to the 40. I guess I need some clarification on how that was administered.

Also on Graves final score, the officials told Coach that the flag was waved off because the holding penalty occurred after the score?

Yes, regrading the graves touchdown, the official told coach that the flag was waved off because the hold took place after the ball had touch the endzone, therefore according to the official the play is officially dead once the ball touches the pan of the endzone.