Graves County 43 Paducah Tilghman 42

That would've been called in the first quarter. It's so far behind the play it's sick. As has been stated before, like it or not this is the correct call. Now what they signaled maybe wrong, but the main point of emphasis this year is eliminating these unnecessary hits. Within reason about 5yards near the ball carrier is all you're going to be allowed.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would've been called in the first quarter. It's so far behind the play it's sick. As has been stated before, like it or not this is the correct call. Now what they signaled maybe wrong, but the main point of emphasis this year is eliminating these unnecessary hits. Within reason about 5yards near the ball carrier is all you're going to be allowed.

Agreed!

You could put all my rules knowledge in a thimble I guess but that block looked okay to me. If a defender doesn't want to get blocked behind a play, he doesn't have to run toward the ballcarrier. It was a clean good hit otherwise, so if it did violate some rule, then the rule is stupid. Still, this is a controversy between Graves and Tilghman, so the only thing that could make it better is if the refs somehow declared them both losers of the game. ;).

GO BIG RED!

You could put all my rules knowledge in a thimble I guess but that block looked okay to me. If a defender doesn't want to get blocked behind a play, he doesn't have to run toward the ballcarrier. It was a clean good hit otherwise, so if it did violate some rule, then the rule is stupid. Still, this is a controversy between Graves and Tilghman, so the only thing that could make it better is if the refs somehow declared them both losers of the game. ;).

GO BIG RED!

that's funny coming from you!.. knowing how much u love them eagles lol