Graves County 43 Paducah Tilghman 42

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Graves Co. On the win. However the officials literally handed them the game on the last two plays of the game. Don't care what anyone says officials can, will and do CHEAT

Since the update thread is all but blank......please fill us in on what happened.

Since the update thread is all but blank......please fill us in on what happened.

OK as close as I remember it, PT came back in the 4th quarter to take a 6 point lead late. They had trailed by as much as 18 earlier I think.

About 2 mins to go in the game Graves has 2nd or third down on the Tilghman 2 yard line and they run it in for an apparent td but flag is down and it is holding against Graves. Refs confer, and then pick the flag up and wave off the penalty, giving Graves the td and a 1 point lead after the extra point.

Graves kicks off PT gets the ball on their own 25. Like a minute to go. PT throws a 75 yard td to go ahead. Place goes wild. Then there is a flag near the far sideline other side of the field from the play. Call I think was ineligible man downfield and they call the td back.

So in the final 2 mins the refs over rule one penalty to give Graves a td and then they throw a highly suspicious flag to take a score away from Tilghman.

Really sad to see Tilghman fight back so hard to get back into this game and then to lose it like this

Edited by Bigblue78
?

I'll try to explain it as best as I can, but a lot of stuff happened in a short time and it was very confusing to say the least. And before anyone cries sour grapes I am just describing what happened.

With around 20 seconds left, PT had a 42- 36 lead. Graves was in the PT redzone when they ran a naked bootleg to the right; the PT CB was really the only one in position to make a play, but he was clearly held by the Graves WR, and the sideline judge whom was right there immediately threw the flag and waved off the TD. But then the refs got together, had a discussion, waved off the flag, and awarded the TD to put graves up 43-42 after the XP.

PT then takes over the kickoff, and on 2nd down from their own 24 or 25 hits a bomb to score with approximately 4 seconds left. While the players were celebrating in the end zone; an official on the far side of the field threw a flag out. I assumed it was excessive celebration, but he immediately began waving everyone back.

The call was this:

Illegal Receiver downfield, personal foul ?

The officials then moved the ball back to the Graves 40 yard line. Remember, PT threw the ball from their own 24, so somehow the play got called back but PT advanced the ball 36 yards?

The following play was an incomplete pass, game over.

I am thoroughly confused and hope someone can clarify it for me.

I'll try to explain it as best as I can, but a lot of stuff happened in a short time and it was very confusing to say the least. And before anyone cries sour grapes I am just describing what happened.

With around 20 seconds left, PT had a 42- 36 lead. Graves was in the PT redzone when they ran a naked bootleg to the right; the PT CB was really the only one in position to make a play, but he was clearly held by the Graves WR, and the sideline judge whom was right there immediately threw the flag and waved off the TD. But then the refs got together, had a discussion, waved off the flag, and awarded the TD to put graves up 43-42 after the XP.

PT then takes over the kickoff, and on 2nd down from their own 24 or 25 hits a bomb to score with approximately 4 seconds left. While the players were celebrating in the end zone; an official on the far side of the field threw a flag out. I assumed it was excessive celebration, but he immediately began waving everyone back.

The call was this:

Illegal Receiver downfield, personal foul ?

The officials then moved the ball back to the Graves 40 yard line. Remember, PT threw the ball from their own 24, so somehow the play got called back but PT advanced the ball 36 yards?

The following play was an incomplete pass, game over.

I am thoroughly confused and hope someone can clarify it for me.

In a nutshell.....PT got beat

Some people are never satisfied...go eagles..and yes, without getting into any confrontation, graves won the game fairly...sometimes, u just have to suck it up buttercup!

Some people are never satisfied????

ANY neutral party who watched that game will tell you Tilghman got hosed by the refs. I guess you don't mind winning that way.

Me? I would rather let the boys decide the outcome rather than some chubby old men.

Men who pick up and wave off a flag on one play and surreptitiously drop it on the next.

Men who give a TD to one team and take a TD away from the other team all in the last 2 minutes of the game.

Men who got into reffing not for the love of the sport but so they could influence the outcome of games and in order to exert power and control which they lack in their real lives.

I have seen PT and Graves play many times over the past several years and I can honestly say that the reffing in a Graves game is by far worse (in favor of graves) than in any other game we play, consistently, year after year.

So yes, I guess you can consider me "never satisfied"

Edited by Bigblue78
Edit

Some people are never satisfied????

ANY neutral party who watched that game will tell you Tilghman got hosed by the refs. I guess you don't mind winning that way.

Me? I would rather let the boys decide the outcome rather than some chubby old men.

Men who pick up and wave off a flag on one play and surreptitiously drop it on the next.

Men who give a TD to one team and take a TD away from the other team all in the last 2 minutes of the game.

Men who got into reffing not for the love of the sport but so they could influence the outcome of games and in order to exert power and control which they lack in their real lives.

I have seen PT and Graves play many times over the past several years and I can honestly say that the reffing in a Graves game is by far worse (in favor of graves) than in any other game we play, consistently, year after year.

So yes, I guess you can consider me "never satisfied"

Well said Bigblue78. Those schools and their fans that never seem to be on the receiving end of this obvious cheating by referees will never understand. Like you I hate it more for the kids because they deserved to win the game. It takes a special kind of a whole to do a bunch of kids that way. Wonder how they (the officials) would feel if their children were treated that way?

They were not cheaters.

And how do you know this?

HAve you ever seen an ineligible man down field penalty called on a 75 yard pass on essentially the last play of a game?

Not to mention on the prior play from scrimmage they over ruled a holding call to give the other team the go ahead score?