Calif Univ to establish Black only housing.

jericho

Well help me out here. You said you'd write off anyone wanting to stay in the dorms as racist. I've made it clear I'd have moved in without question right if offered to me in college. I read your statement as you saying I am racist because I'd live in those dorms. I know I am far from racist but your mindset becomes that I am a racist simply because I would take an advantage of an opportunity to live in a dorm with some of my closest friends. You wouldn't move I to a dorm with your closest friends? And before you answer that question saying your closest friends were black I'll say you are the exception to the rule. More often than not white people's closest friends are white and blacks closest friends are black. It's not often you will you see one black dude whose 20 closest friends are all white and vice versa.

That is not what I said. I said if you choose not to be around me only because I'm white. If you want to live a seperate existence from someone like me only because I'm white makes that person a racist or an idiot. People who do that are. I said the dorms are a bad idea because it fosters further division. For the record I have a few close white friends. A few more black friends than the white ones. See living as I preach I'm open to being social and close to humans not judging their shade but who they are.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is not what I said. I said if you choose not to be around me only because I'm white. If you want to live a seperate existence from someone like me only because I'm white makes that person a racist or an idiot. People who do that are. I said the dorms are a bad idea because it fosters further division. For the record I have a few close white friends. A few more black friends than the white ones. See living as I preach I'm open to being social and close to humans not judging their shade but who they are.

My apologies for misunderstanding you. I read the line that said you would write someone off as racist if they chose to live there. IMO we all subconsciously separate ourselves by race every single day of our existence. Red, yellow, black or white I am cool with everyone I come into contact with until given a reason not to be. At the same time we all go where we are comfortable. For a large majority of our population that comfort comes from being around people who look like us.

I can go to a black church, give a black bank my money to hold, shop at black businesses only, live in a black neighborhood and I'd still be the most diverse person you have ever met in your life. And that's a fact.

My apologies for misunderstanding you. I read the line that said you would write someone off as racist if they chose to live there. IMO we all subconsciously separate ourselves by race every single day of our existence. Red, yellow, black or white I am cool with everyone I come into contact with until given a reason not to be. At the same time we all go where we are comfortable. For a large majority of our population that comfort comes from being around people who look like us.

I can go to a black church, give a black bank my money to hold, shop at black businesses only, live in a black neighborhood and I'd still be the most diverse person you have ever met in your life. And that's a fact.

I get that. But most people are a product of their environment. Limiting your enviornment limits your growth experiences and opportunities. It's a big world, why only experince a little of what it has to offer. You may find the best person you know and they be of another color. Living only in the black box will keep you from that experience. Their are all kinds of great people of all colors. I choose not to limit and close myself of to those opportunities to share with anyone. I think it's the best way to go. Unless you show me your behind, then we got a problem.