Fantasy Football 2016 Discussions

00Rocket28

Non-BGP League talks. I'll start.

12 team league. I had the 4th pick. I took Gurley. My 2nd round pick was Jamaal Charles, 3rd was Leveon. Got an offer of David Johnson for Bell and Charles. Start 1 RB, 1 WR and 2 flex. Standard scoring. It's hard to pass up having what In IMO should have been the top 2 picks.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 team league. I had the 4th pick. I took Gurley. My 2nd round pick was Jamaal Charles, 3rd was Leveon. Got an offer of David Johnson for Bell and Charles. Start 1 RB, 1 WR and 2 flex. Standard scoring. It's hard to pass up having what In IMO should have been the top 2 picks.

Personally I would take it. Charles is old and has had two major knee surgeries, Bell is out 3 games. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Bell is drug tested again and fails.

Personally I would take it. Charles is old and has had two major knee surgeries, Bell is out 3 games. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Bell is drug tested again and fails.

I'm leaning towards it. I've got some nice WRs and Charles off a 2nd ACL and getting up there in age, plus they've got several other younger RBs who were quite effective last year. Who knows with Bell, a stud for sure but already missing 3 games, to me I'm giving up Bell for Johnson cause I did not want to choose Charles but felt obligated. I've got Matt Jones on the bench with Ajayi. Staying healthy will be key.

Jones is hurt and unproven, on a average team. Foster will steal carries from Ajayi. If Foster stays healthy, a huge IF, but if it does happen it will be 50/50 time share or worse for Ajayi, plus Miami is another average team. I think your RB depth is suspect. Based on your format you can play Gurley, Charles (which everyone is raving about his recovery), and Bell after week three. The biggest factor for me would be...what is your lineup in week four before the trade and after the trade? You went old school with the first three picks of RB. I doubt you can cover then with your WR options. I would keep what you got or push for another player to be added to the deal.

I'd stay put but if Johnson has the expected season then I don't think there is a wrong decision. I love Bell though so it's tough for me to ever let him go. With him missing 3 games he could easily be the reason you win a championship in weeks 14-17. Barring injury he'd be healthier than everyone else's RBs.

Charles scares me but the Adrian Peterson recovery I no longer doubt athlete's abilities to recover from knee injuries. Plus Frank Gore is still running around and playing. If Charles is your RB3 is it really all that bad of a position to be in?

Best/Worst and why. Let's assume a performance type league and 1/2pt ppr. Which two man team do you want to build with and which two man team do you want to avoid?

team 1

brown

mccoy

team 2

gurley

Jeffrey

team 3

jones

lacy

team 4

beckham

ingram

team 5

johnson

bell

team 6

elloit

robinson

team 7

green

bryant

team 8

gronkowski

freeman

team 9

miller

charles

team 10

hopkins

peterson

I like team 9. Two pass catching RBs. One with high upside (Miller) and the other a proven fantasy winner (Charles) that I believe has one or two seasons left in him. I think I can add second teir WRs to them and make a winner. I want to avoid teams 5 and 8. I think Bell and Gronk are over priced. Great players, but I like other guys more in their draft spots.