Garrard County 41 Shelby County 31

GC_Lions

Great way to start the season Garrard! Jacob Foley with a huge game with over 200+ yards. GC had a lot of question marks coming into tonight's game and ide say quite a few of those where answered.Is Shelby county a little overrated or is Garrard county going to surprise some folks this year?

Great way to start the season Garrard! Jacob Foley with a huge game with over 200+ yards. GC had a lot of question marks coming into tonight's game and ide say quite a few of those where answered.Is Shelby county a little overrated or is Garrard county going to surprise some folks this year?

Garrard's success is going to come down to how healthy they can be by the time district play rolls around. Their size up front and Foleys ability aren't going to be a surprise to anyone in 3A. They are a team to watch that's for sure! I don't know if we can say sleeper but they have the potential to make some noise.

50/50 game. Shelbys with 4 turnovers and dropped TD.

Garrad is one heck football team.

Foley is one fine football player. Plays hard every play wether it is running the football blocking or playing D. I think he was 30 carries for 286

He's been that way as long as I can remember watching him way back in youth football. Just an absolute pleasure to have watched him play and grow into the player he is today.

50/50 game. Shelby with 4 turnovers and dropped TD.

Shelby did hurt themselves on a few plays like you mentioned. I hope this doesn't sour people on Shelby because I think they have a lot of potential. You could tell that they missed some kids from last season.

Very impressive opener for Garrard

It was. I thought they played well. Was very impressed with the effort throughout, especially when they fell down 10 late in the third quarter. It was do-or-die time and they responded.

Let.....THE BONE....roll.

The Fighting Jerry Perry's prevail.

On the flip side, it sounds like Coach Todd Shipley and his Rockets are once again going to be a force to be reckoned with in Class 4A Region 2........not exactly shocking news there.

Let.....THE BONE....roll.

The Fighting Jerry Perry's prevail.

On the flip side, it sounds like Coach Todd Shipley and his Rockets are once again going to be a force to be reckoned with in Class 4A Region 2........not exactly shocking news there.

I am happy for Coach Perry and a good start to the season for the Lions.