Tailgate season is coming

coldweatherfan

Thinking about some new recipes.

Made these for the first time this week end. Saw it on YouTube.

1. A good skin on dog.

2. Wrapped a piece of deli roast beef around 'em. Put a little BBQ sauce in there too.

3. Wrapped two pieces of bacon around 'em.

4. Put 'em on the grill for some offset cooking.

5. About 30 minutes later.

BOOM!

image.jpeg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking about some new recipes.

Made these for the first time this week end. Saw it on YouTube.

1. A good skin on dog.

2. Wrapped a piece of deli roast beef around 'em. Put a little BBQ sauce in there too.

3. Wrapped two pieces of bacon around 'em.

4. Put 'em on the grill for some offset cooking.

5. About 30 minutes later.

BOOM!

[ATTACH]57332[/ATTACH]

So what's your favorite skin on dog? Those look delicious.

The dogs look awesome, I'll have to try that. Did you put them on the direct side near the end of the cook to crisp up the bacon a little or did it come out that way on it's own? The only think I can see you did wrong is you used briquettes instead of lump, lol.

Also for anyone that's looking into getting a small grill for tailgating, Chargriller has brought back the Akorn Jr. Perfect little grill for tailgating, camping, etc. It's $128 at select Walmarts, though it can also be ordered.

The dogs look awesome, I'll have to try that. Did you put them on the direct side near the end of the cook to crisp up the bacon a little or did it come out that way on it's own? The only think I can see you did wrong is you used briquettes instead of lump, lol.

Indirect the whole way.

@coldweatherfan, our 1st game is a nighter, so I'm seriously thinking about the dog wraps in your first post.

Northern Illinois is our second game, also a night game. I was thinking Chicago Style pizza on the grill and corn.

I've done grilled pizzas several times, it's always a big hit.

We set the Weber up for a brick oven.

You're gonna love this redneck brick oven.

That pizza looks great @coldweatherfan. Excellent idea with the bricks as well. I'm going to try one soon on the Akorn, using the smoking stone as a pizza stone. I've never done pizza on a grill though and have never been happy with my homeade dough's that I have tried. I may see if giovanni's in Ashland will just sell me some of their dough and go from there.

• 2 weeks later...