Multiple Officers Shot During Protest in Texas

HammerTime

Thanks Clyde.

If him addressing issues like that is fueling the fire, I don't know what he's supposed to say. Ignore it I guess.

He's troubled by the shootings. We all are. I didn't see anything inflammatory.

He talks about racial issues. Too many take that as "playing the race card" or "setting us back."

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Clyde.

If him addressing issues like that is fueling the fire, I don't know what he's supposed to say. Ignore it I guess.

Just spitballing here but when he says, "All of us as Americans should be troubled by these shootings," he continued. "These are not isolated incidents, they are symptomatic of a broader set of racial disparities that exist in our criminal justice system."

He is saying that these two shootings were not justified and something must be done, yet he has no idea yet if either of them, one of them or neither of them was a justified shooting yet, nor do we. Would it be too much to ask for their to be some actual findings before weighing in.

Just spitballing here but when he says, "All of us as Americans should be troubled by these shootings," he continued. "These are not isolated incidents, they are symptomatic of a broader set of racial disparities that exist in our criminal justice system."

He is saying that these two shootings were not justified and something must be done, yet he has no idea yet if either of them, one of them or neither of them was a justified shooting yet, nor do we. Would it be too much to ask for their to be some actual findings before weighing in.

We should be troubled, right? We should be troubled enough that we force a thorough investigation. I didn't read "not justified" into his comments.

He talks about racial issues. Too many take that as "playing the race card" or "setting us back."

I've said it before and I'll say it again, as long as Obama has been POTUS he hasn't come all that close to playing the race card like he could if he really really wanted to.

Given the other threads, I have to ask, were they white police officers?

I don't mean anything personally with that question, but I'm tired of the division among people in this country. The recent posts on this site say a lot, but on top of that, I imagine people are much more divided in other parts of the country. It's a cancer and it's killing our country.

He fails to mention other areas of concern and only furthers his agenda.

While blacks are more likely to be shot by police, when an officer is killed an unusually high percentage of offenders are black.

Whites make up about 65 % of the population. Blacks 13 %.

However,...

Over the past 10 years, according to FBI data that looks at those who have feloniously killed a police officer, whites are 53 percent and blacks are 44 percent.

There are more problems beyond this "cops are racist narrative". Why are the numbers i posted never mentioned?

I don't mean anything personally with that question, but I'm tired of the division among people in this country. The recent posts on this site say a lot, but on top of that, I imagine people are much more divided in other parts of the country. It's a cancer and it's killing our country.

We're not more divided than we were. Always divided. Now it's more open.

I haven't seen race of anyone involved mentioned.

He fails to mention other areas of concern and only furthers his agenda.

While blacks are more likely to be shot by police, when an officer is killed an unusually high percentage of offenders are black.

Whites make up about 65 % of the population. Blacks 13 %.

However,...

Over the past 10 years, according to FBI data that looks at those who have feloniously killed a police officer, whites are 53 percent and blacks are 44 percent.

There are more problems beyond this "cops are racist narrative". Why are the numbers i posted never mentioned?

Pure guess but

1. News reports on what people complain about - I haven't read/heard complaining on this subject.

2. It's still more white than black.

Pure guess but

1. News reports on what people complain about - I haven't read/heard complaining on this subject.

2. It's still more white than black.

More white people are killed by police than black people as well. It's the percentages based on population that show who's being killed at a higher rate.