Giants vs Reds (5/2 - 5/4)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to "Price is a pitching guru"? One would think he would be spending most of his time assisting the pitching coach. Certainly he is not taking a no hands approach.

I didn't get sucked in in the beginning thinking that some miracle would happen this year, but what I will try and focus on is if the pitching, both starters and bullpen, improve as the year goes along. Will the position in left and center improve, how good of a 3rd baseman can Suarez be, etc. Do I like watching extended spring training at MLB prices? No, there's a lot of guys getting on the job training at the major league level that probably shouldn't, but we can sit and crab, and I've certainly done my share, or take it for what it is, a smaller market team in a turnover. And hopefully lessons learned by the brass at the Redlegs regarding bad contracts.

And I'll try to remember this as I'm screaming at the television during Redlegs broadcasts................it won't be easy, change never is..........and I hate change.

Lamb is starting tonight.

I'm sorry, but I'm smiling to myself thinking of the irony of his last name in regards to the current Reds situation. Too bad the Giants don't have a Wolf on their roster. Baaaa

I was really hoping Lamb would get the nod tonight. He was my favorite acquisition shortly after the Cueto trade. He was anywhere from the #11 to #18 prospect in baseball prior to Tommy John surgery in 2011. In 2010, he was voted best minor league pitcher in the KC organization. Here's hoping to a solid performance tonight.

@m_sheldon

Moscot not headed to DL. Got MRI that showed no structural damage & cortisone shot. Could be available from bullpen next couple days #reds

I don't follow the Reds as closely as you guys but did you know that Moscot once gave up 7 home runs in one game to Rob Schneider?