EWTN's Mother Angelica Has Passed Away

Mustang

While I can't say that I ever spent more than a few minutes watching EWTN, it seems I always stopped for a least a few moments to listen in, or watch, and spend significant time watching if Mother Angelica herself were speaking, as I surf my cable channels looking for Law and Order reruns.

She passed away on Easter Sunday at the age of 92. The press release said that she has been out of the public eye and bed-ridden for the past few years, and the segments featuring her were re-runs from a show called, "Mother Angelica Live."

She had a dry sense of humor which connected well with her audience. I always thought of her as a very human, human being - someone who would be fun to be around, and not a cloistered conservative, out-of-touch, recluse.

The press release also said that the EWTN network has a net worth of $46 million - almost all from donations. She started the TV ministry in a garage on the monastery grounds with $200.

She will be laid to rest this coming Friday at the Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament in Hanceville, Alabama, about 45 miles north of Birmingham, where she lived.

I would expect that if you were a fan, that there will be some great re-runs and footage on EWTN this week.

While I can't say that I ever spent more than a few minutes watching EWTN, it seems I always stopped for a least a few moments to listen in, or watch, and spend significant time watching if Mother Angelica herself were speaking, as I surf my cable channels looking for Law and Order reruns.

She passed away on Easter Sunday at the age of 92. The press release said that she has been out of the public eye and bed-ridden for the past few years, and the segments featuring her were re-runs from a show called, "Mother Angelica Live."

She had a dry sense of humor which connected well with her audience. I always thought of her as a very human, human being - someone who would be fun to be around, and not a cloistered conservative, out-of-touch, recluse.

The press release also said that the EWTN network has a net worth of $46 million - almost all from donations. She started the TV ministry in a garage on the monastery grounds with $200.

She will be laid to rest this coming Friday at the Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament in Hanceville, Alabama, about 45 miles north of Birmingham, where she lived.

I would expect that if you were a fan, that there will be some great re-runs and footage on EWTN this week.

Fitting that she would pass on Easter. Like you, I've never tuned much into EWTN, but it seems she was always on the tube when I would flip through and I would watch for a few minutes. Seemed like a sweet soul.

I've never watched a ton of EWTN, but they had a few things I enjoyed, especially the runs of old episodes of Bishop Fulton Sheen's "Life is Worth Living". I also appreciated that it was one of the few places you could get televised coverage of the goings on in Rome and the Vatican at any given time.

I've never watched a ton of EWTN, but they had a few things I enjoyed, especially the runs of old episodes of Bishop Fulton Sheen's "Life is Worth Living". I also appreciated that it was one of the few places you could get televised coverage of the goings on in Rome and the Vatican at any given time.

I wish Fulton Sheen was still around. No one could teach the Catholic faith in an easy to understand way like he did. It was amazing how many Protestant fans he had. Many would say while they may not agree with many Catholic beliefs, they understood why the church believed them and that they are not heresy or blasphemy like they used to believe they are.

I wish Fulton Sheen was still around. No one could teach the Catholic faith in an easy to understand way like he did. It was amazing how many Protestant fans he had. Many would say while they may not agree with many Catholic beliefs, they understood why the church believed them and that they are not heresy or blasphemy like they used to believe they are.

I'm sorry, Bert, but I don 't harbor the same affection for Bishop Sheen that you do simply because the nuns at our grade school made us watch his show on Sunday morning (about 11 or 11:30 if I remember correctly) and then we'd have to discuss it Monday in school......took away from my play time.

Filling air time with All Mother Angelica - All of the Time since having her pass away on Sunday and not having the funeral until Friday must have been a real chore for the EWTN folks. They will probably be relieved to see her finally laid to rest.