Lent 2016

Ash Wed. came early this year!

Anyone giving up something new this year? I am going to attempt to give up alcohol. I think it’s going to be really hard – I have a drink or two a couple of times during the week and definitely indulge on the weekend. I really hope I can do it!!

Stuff I ponder on Ash Wed:

“Remember man that you are dust, and in to dust you shall return.”

“No act of virtue can be great if it is not followed by advantage for others. So, no matter how much time you spend fasting, no matter how much you sleep on a hard floor and eat ashes and sigh continually, if you do no good to others, you do nothing great.”

And from someone’s Facebook today… “Lent, a cathedral of silence in which we wait for the voice of the Lord”

Ash Wed. came early this year!

Anyone giving up something new this year? I am going to attempt to give up alcohol. I think it’s going to be really hard – I have a drink or two a couple of times during the week and definitely indulge on the weekend. I really hope I can do it!!

I sincerely wish you success, my son did this to quit smoking 21 years ago and has never smoked since. Maybe a slip here or there, I don't know. Remember if you slip up you can always get back on the wagon. I have a love affair with popcorn so it's a good thing regional games aren't at Mason County.:D

I stopped giving up things a few years ago and instead have a new motto for Lent:

A rosary a day keeps the devil away.

I also try to keep more positive thoughts and try not to upset others during Lent.

I have been fasting and abstaining today, and will abstain from meat every Friday throughout the Lenten season. It's a sacrifice, but a much smaller one that giving up one's own son to save humanity.

I stopped giving up things a few years ago and instead have a new motto for Lent:

A rosary a day keeps the devil away.

I also try to keep more positive thoughts and try not to upset others during Lent.

I have been fasting and abstaining today, and will abstain from meat every Friday throughout the Lenten season. It's a sacrifice, but a much smaller one that giving up one's own son to save humanity.

I love the idea of a daily rosary. I may borrow that.

In years past, I tried to attend mass daily but wow, unless you're retired that's hard to do with the way local mass times are these days.

Lenten Motto: Don't Just Give Up....Give Back!

The loose change I collect during Lent, I give to Peter's Pence or The Rice Bowl on Good Friday. I've tried to attend my hour for Eucharistic Adoration but I've had to stop that because of a back injury, I'm having back surgery March 8. So I'm trying not to stress that so much. But I do miss my hour spent every Thursday since about 2000. It is so peaceful and slows the crazy world we live in.

Edited by Sportsaholic Mamaw

The loose change I collect during Lent, I give to Peter's Pence or The Rice Bowl on Good Friday. I've tried to attend my hour for Eucharistic Adoration but I've had to stop that because of a back injury, I'm having back surgery March 8. So I'm trying not to stress that so much. But I do miss my hour spent every Thursday since about 2000. It is so peaceful and slows the crazy world we live in.

Prayers being sent that your surgery goes well!

I love the idea of a daily rosary. I may borrow that.

In years past, I tried to attend mass daily but wow, unless you're retired that's hard to do with the way local mass times are these days.

Day 2 of Daily Lenten Rosary - looking forward to those Luminous Mysteries.

Where is the BGP fish fry list? Im hungry.

Can't help you for NKY, but if you find yourself in Louisville or the surrounding area, here you go:

PDF Doc of Arch. of Louisville Fish Fries

Personal recommendation, if anyone finds themselves near downtown on a Friday at lunchtime, do yourself a favor and go down to St. Augustine. I think it's the best in the city.