Open Job: Marion County

Did the superintendent at Marion ever move to Marion? I heard she was supposed to move to Marion per her contract. Kind of silly to me since the principal also does not live in Marion. Will the new coach move to Lebanon.

From what I hear he will be living in Marion Co., as his family has property there. His father, Minor Harmon, is originally from Gravel Switch and still has a farm there.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Coach Harmon on the job!

Usually don't like to talk about people that DIDN"T get the job. But does anyone know what happened to Jaggers? Did he even apply? Just seems like there were 3 pages of comments on how this was his job, then all goes quiet before another guy is named. Don't need too many details. But everyone talked about it for too long not to at least get some closure on it.

Congrats to Coach Harmon on the job!

Usually don't like to talk about people that DIDN"T get the job. But does anyone know what happened to Jaggers? Did he even apply? Just seems like there were 3 pages of comments on how this was his job, then all goes quiet before another guy is named. Don't need too many details. But everyone talked about it for too long not to at least get some closure on it.

You want closure? He didn't get it.

Want details? Few know this, but he was actually offered the job first last year before Crume, and it was pulled from him. Not turned down, pulled. Why? Jaggers and former Marion County HC, Tom Sullivan, who is the Lebanon MS HC as well as the weightlifting teacher/BFS rep/former HS and College QB are friends. Sullivan came to Cambellsville University in 2004 during Jaggers' senior season after he was let go at Marion. From there, a friendship was born. After Jaggers was offered the job last year, he was pretty adamant about Sullivan joining him on staff...he didn't want to get rid of any of the staff, but wanted to add Sullivan (and, there were ways to do that)....come to find out, long story short...that didn't settle well with some and/or one of the decision makers. Later than evening, roughly 24 hours after being offered the job...it was pulled by Principal Mike Abell.

He was a longshot from the jump. I think Coach Harmon is a great hire, and is exactly what Marion County needs. There isn't a job that comes open where people don't voice their opinions in favor of said candidate(s). Sometimes those people get the job (s), sometimes they don't.

That's nothing, but a pot stirring comment. If you knew Josh (which, you don't. Well, you might know him, but you don't KNOW him) you'd have known the above.

You want closure? He didn't get it.

Want details? Few know this, but he was actually offered the job first last year before Crume, and it was pulled from him. Not turned down, pulled. Why? Jaggers and former Marion County HC, Tom Sullivan, who is the Lebanon MS HC as well as the weightlifting teacher/BFS rep/former HS and College QB are friends. Sullivan came to Cambellsville University in 2004 during Jaggers' senior season after he was let go at Marion. From there, a friendship was born. After Jaggers was offered the job last year, he was pretty adamant about Sullivan joining him on staff...he didn't want to get rid of any of the staff, but wanted to add Sullivan (and, there were ways to do that)....come to find out, long story short...that didn't settle well with some and/or one of the decision makers. Later than evening, roughly 24 hours after being offered the job...it was pulled by Principal Mike Abell.

He was a longshot from the jump. I think Coach Harmon is a great hire, and is exactly what Marion County needs. There isn't a job that comes open where people don't voice their opinions in favor of said candidate(s). Sometimes those people get the job (s), sometimes they don't.

That's nothing, but a pot stirring comment. If you knew Josh (which, you don't. Well, you might know him, but you don't KNOW him) you'd have known the above.

Harry, I don't know you or anyone else on this forum for that matter. I just saw 2 pages of Jaggers comments and figured he was in the running for this job. Then all was quiet and then this hiring came out. Go back and read the first 2 pages and you're expecting to hear Jaggers name come back at some point. Just wondering what was up? Wasn't trying to stir any pot, wasn't making any reference at all to last year. Guy sounds like a good coach, Coach Harmon sounds like a good coach.

I never threw Jaggers name out there, everyone else did. I was just wondering if it was something he was ever in the mix for, or if people were just throwing names?

I'll assume from your response that people were just throwing names.

Regardless, this post is no reflection of Jaggers, Harmon, or anything that went on last year.