Tradition?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like the inmates are running the asylum. I've heard allegations against four of the players and if what they did is true they should be kicked off the team. If the coach won't kick them off the AD or principal should take care of it.

Mr. Bear,

I do believe that MCHS isn't the only school that fires and hires for political reasons. If I am correct the Lady Bears had a similar situation didn't they?

If you have been to every game then you have seen all the technicals received by our players this year for talking to the officials and trash talking other players. If you pay attention you will see the talking back to the coach, just watch the bench during time outs. It is a shame that the program is where it is , it was once a privilege to wear the uniform. We had tremendous pride in our school and what the uniform stood for , MC Pride was once the norm now not so much

Technicals are a part of the game. And what teenagers aren't gonna trash talk each other? Now disrespecting a coach on the the other hand is never okay. Biggs has no authority or control over the team whatsoever. I can recall at the first home game 2 seniors walked in 20 minutes past their scheduled time to be at the game and Biggs never said a thing to them. Biggs was not the guy for this job at all.

Mr. Bear,

I do believe that MCHS isn't the only school that fires and hires for political reasons. If I am correct the Lady Bears had a similar situation didn't they?

But then again, there's little to no Traditon in Brooksville so silly me. :ohbrother:

I wasn't saying Bracken County was perfect, or any school for that matter. It happens here.

I had no idea this many people were upset about the Mason County program since I'm on the outside looking in.

I wasn't saying Bracken County was perfect, or any school for that matter. It happens here.

I had no idea this many people were upset about the Mason County program since I'm on the outside looking in.

The Mason Co program has been like this for quite a while now, it's nothing new to those of us who are around it quite often. Those who aren't around it just don't see or hear about it because we tend to keep it quiet because of how bad it actually is, but now that this was started why not let everything out?

If kids are being disrespectful to coaches and fans then they need reprimanded. No two ways about it. If kids are breaking team rules then penalties should be handed down. If what happened with the kids at MaCo earlier in the season really happened (which it is not my place to say) then they should not be on the team period.

Kids are gonna screw up from time to time. Some things can be addressed and move on with a suspension. Other things well that is a different animal altogether. Some violations do not get a second chance option. It happens at all schools in some way or another. That's where the coaches also have to be role models and life coaches to these kids. You cant lessen the punishment because it will hamper your chance at success, and I think that is where the disconnect is at Mason Co. The fan base is getting fed up with it and we are not even through the Buddy Biggs maiden voyage.

If kids are being disrespectful to coaches and fans then they need reprimanded. No two ways about it. If kids are breaking team rules then penalties should be handed down. If what happened with the kids at MaCo earlier in the season really happened (which it is not my place to say) then they should not be on the team period.

Kids are gonna screw up from time to time. Some things can be addressed and move on with a suspension. Other things well that is a different animal altogether. Some violations do not get a second chance option. It happens at all schools in some way or another. That's where the coaches also have to be role models and life coaches to these kids. You cant lessen the punishment because it will hamper your chance at success, and I think that is where the disconnect is at Mason Co. The fan base is getting fed up with it and we are not even through the Buddy Biggs maiden voyage.

It's not only a Biggs issue, it goes back to things with administration of past years. Thankfully they took a step forward and the high school now has 3 quality gentlemen running things.

I do believe however if O'Hearn would've resigned this year instead of last that Allen Jr. would be coaching the Royals next season. But things happen and that didn't fall into place.

It's not only a Biggs issue, it goes back to things with administration of past years. Thankfully they took a step forward and the high school now has 3 quality gentlemen running things.

I do believe however if O'Hearn would've resigned this year instead of last that Allen Jr. would be coaching the Royals next season. But things happen and that didn't fall into place.

I've thought the same thing actually.... Always had thought that this would've been the plan.

I have watched the Mason Co Royals boys basketball teams for many years, I have been thoroughly disappointed this year in the attitudes of the players and the behavior on the court. I am fed up with watching players disrespect the coaches, players, officials and at times even the spectators. I am most disappointed in the fact that they are tarnishing the tradition that myself and others have played for . The slogan "Tradition never graduates " is not true any longer . The current coaches and players don't seem to know what "Tradition" even means. The Mason Co. Royals name used to stand for a winning tradition but also stood for winning with class. We don't win or lose with that class anymore. I am disappointed in Coach Biggs and the lack of discipline he has brought to our program. After watching it for months now and hoping for a change I don't believe it's going to happen. Coach Biggs has continually let players disrespect him and others with no repercussions. When the Head Coach allows players to talk back and tell him what they are and are not going to do, when they completely ignore his instructions and nothing is ever done about it, it's time for a change. If not the same thing that happened at his last school will happen here, good kids/players will leave. I for one want to win but not at all cost. It's important to teach kids responsibility and accountability. That's not happening at all, the entire coaching staff lets this foolishness go on ! It's time for a change, either in the personnel or in the philosophy but something needs to change or the rich tradition of Mason Co basketball will be tarnished or completely lost. Coach Biggs needs to wake up and be a leader. We want to see these kids succed on and off the court. They need a leader that will hold them accountable and teach them discipline . Not someone who allows them to do whatever they want. I want the team and the program to be a success on and off the court, in my opinion and obviously the people at Ashlands opinion ( they fired him ) Buddy Biggs is not the man to accomplish that. Time for him to GO !

Anyone think at least some of the blame for that falls on their parents rather than a basketball coach?

Anyone think at least some of the blame for that falls on their parents rather than a basketball coach?

It all goes back to "my kid doesn't do anything wrong" method. Until kids are held responsible for their actions then nothing will change. But yes it does fall on the parents as well, not just the school system.