Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tradition?

Featured Replies

It could also go back to MaCo's penchent for teaching young athletes that they are above the rules, and that is by no means a new problem, nor is it a problem exclusive to Mason.

  • Replies 103
  • Views 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone think at least some of the blame for that falls on their parents rather than a basketball coach?
I agree. Parents can't control their kids talent and how good they are, but they can control their work ethic and ability to be coached.
I agree. Parents can't control their kids talent and how good they are, but they can control their work ethic and ability to be coached.

 

If parents had realistic goals, there would be no conversation. My kids were allowed to do things but I never complained when they sat the bench or complained when they got yelled at. That's the problem--too much helicopter parenting.

Sorry, just too many agendas trying to gain traction through this thread to generate much credability for me. New coach, new approach, entirely too early to tar and feather Coach Biggs. As a totally distant pair of eyes that has seen Mason play four times, I never saw any inappropriate actions by the players on the floor or bench. Hustled, played hard, just an unfortunate situation when your bigs are your best shooters and bomb from outfront leaving guards to rebound. Just less talent at skill positions than MC tradition.

 

The kind of vitrol being spewed in many of these posts is what leads to Team dissension and runs off talented and untalented players alike. MC BGBreppers can be part of the problem, or part of the solution. Your choice.

I agree. Parents can't control their kids talent and how good they are, but they can control their work ethic and ability to be coached.

 

Everyone love to rant about "these damn kids today" but no one wants to take responsibility for doing something about it.....

Jim Nantz voice: "A Tradition Unlike Any Other ... The Royals"

It seems that there is a HUGE lack of discipline across the state according to past few years. There have been several instances of player violations that go unpunished. It's more than just the Mason County situation which was handled earlier this year, and only 2 of those players still remain on the varsity squad.

THIS. Let coaches coach. Do your job as spectator...shut up and support the team.

Was this aimed at me or did I misunderstand? You quoted me and said shut up and support the team. That's what I'm doing, I was not the vulgar Grandmother. Oldest grandchild is in college, and not one grandchild has ever heard me swear ,cuss or be vulgar and NEVER an ugly hand sign..Believe me I know coaches don't want specs. in their territory. Have had several coaches in the family. I am the one who wants it under control so no one gets injured.

Edited by Sportsaholic Mamaw

They don't call it "The" County fo nuthin!

 

Once again, I don't believe anyone from Bracken Co has any room to speak on this matter.

 

It's called "The" county because of the things that happened between 2000-2011, not because of stupid stuff like this. During that time period I'm also sure you were one of the people cheering for the Royals but now that times are tough you've switched sides.

I played before 2000 and it was "The" County then and deserved. NO disrespect intended. But I didn't cheer for the Royals.

I played before 2000 and it was "The" County then and deserved. NO disrespect intended. But I didn't cheer for the Royals.

 

The classic "no disrespect" line after you disrespect them.

 

But like I said, your school isn't much better these days so there's really no reason to speak upon it.

Ah, the classic "I know you are, but what am I" retort.

Was this aimed at me or did I misunderstand? You quoted me and said shut up and support the team. That's what I'm doing, I was not the vulgar Grandmother. Oldest grandchild is in college, and not one grandchild has ever heard me swear ,cuss or be vulgar and NEVER an ugly hand sign..Believe me I know coaches don't want specs. in their territory. Have had several coaches in the family. I am the one who wants it under control so no one gets injured.

 

No. Not directed at you at all. Was just using your post as a springboard to get my thoughts out there.

Would it have been better if I said they should call them the Royal Dogs and change their colors to yellow, black, and blue?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.