Beechwood 49 Holmes 46

Al Gore gave me access to these numbers.

These were all on http://www.k12.niche.com

I'm not sure how accurate they were or how they gathered their info, but figured since it was the only site that had most schools listed their findings would be consistent for comparison purposes.

When I did the research a few years ago while debating where to send my children the numbers were slightly different.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since she wants education first I'll lend her a hand on her search.

Average ACT scores

Beechwood 29

St Henry 29

Cov Cath 28

NDA (sorry gals only) 27

Brossart 26

NCC 26

Cov Latin not reported my guess is pretty high though.

Villa Madonna not reported.

These are simply not true.

Quite frankly if you are using ACT scores as the only reason to send a kid to a certain school you are missing the boat. How about some public schools allowing kids to graduate with 21 college credit hours? That is a huge huge plus.

Anyway getting way off topic. Beechwood could still be the one seed so I think any talk of who is playing whom in this district is a little pre mature.

Having sent a couple kids to college, preparation for, and scoring on, the ACT should be a huge consideration if you have a choice of where to send your kid for HS. I can tell you that far more kids from NKY will go to a DI/D2 college on academic scholarships with a 30+ on their ACT than will go on their ability to play college sports.

If your goal as a parent is to get your kid to college, and minimize the amt of money it is going to cost you, then striving for a school that helps deliver higher ACT scores for kids should definitely be the factor in your decision.

Colleges don't necessarily care whether your HS "teaches to the ACT", they care what ACT score your kid received. And, 1 - 2 pts on the ACT makes a huge difference in how much your college will cost you.