HS coaches and AAU

Not supposed to be able to coach your players until schools is out then you can. This includes anyone on staff that is paid or a representative of the school. You can however coach your son or daughter on a team.

So, if not allowed during school, and not allowed during dead period, the answer is basically, No. You would only have a week or two in July.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm thinking is right and the Bylaw stated is true, then someone has some explaining to do.

Royals AAU Team

Tricia Macke is the coach and her Son plays for the team.

Troy Houston is also a coach and his Son also plays for the team.

Macke=Macke

Houston=Houston

Holy Cross Freshman team

Tricia Macke is the Head Coach and her son plays for the team in which the Bylaw states is aloud. Troy Houston is also on staff at HC for the Freshman team and also has a son on the team which is also aloud.

But how do you explain

Macke=Houston

Houston=Macke

Not good if Bylaw is correct.

There is no rule prohibiting high school coaches from coaching AAU. The only time they cannot coach their own players is during Dead Period.

[/b]

Interesting and you and I both know that doesn't happen and can't be proven. Correct?

I do not know if it happens. I guess it could be proven with pictures. My guess is the vast majority of coaches do not take the chance.

If I'm thinking is right and the Bylaw stated is true, then someone has some explaining to do.

Royals AAU Team

Macke=Macke

Houston=Houston

Holy Cross Freshman team

Tricia Macke is the Head Coach and her son plays for the team in which the Bylaw states is aloud. Troy Houston is also on staff at HC for the Freshman team and also has a son on the team which is also aloud.

But how do you explain

Macke=Houston

Houston=Macke

For the record I haven't read the Bylaw. Just speculating on what is being posted by posters on here. Don't have time to research Bylaw's. If you don't want any trouble then play by the same rules as everyone else. Something tells me that there are plenty of AAU coaches out there that do a lot of research.:thumb:

Btw, I am NOT trying to start controversy. And, not trying to indict ANYONE.

This is a question I have for my own personal interest and knowledge.

Don't throw stones.

Totally understand but I think Boulders have already been pushed over the edge in NKY. Nothing against you for sure.

I heard a story one time about a AAU coach that reached out to a Varsity boys basketball coach and almost promised their AAU players would attend the Basketball Coach's school in return for AAU Gym time at no expense. That is sick and twisted if true. Noway that happened! No one in their right mind would be that Stupid. That came from a few of my friends in Frankfort that I use to hang with!

So... The fact of the matter, as it seems, is that as knowledgeable as everyone always seems to be on here, no one knows the real answer to the original question: can high school coaches (at any level) coach kids who attend their school and play in their HS program (at any level)???

This seems to be something that KHSAA should make blatantly clear. And, they probably do. I just haven't gone to the right places, or done enough research yet.

Appreciate all of the info and "Intel"

:)

So... The fact of the matter, as it seems, is that as knowledgeable as everyone always seems to be on here, no one knows the real answer to the original question: can high school coaches coach kids who attend their school and play in their HS program???

This seems to be something that KHSAA should make blatantly clear. And, they probably do. I just haven't gone to the right places, or done enough research yet.

Appreciate all of the info and "Intel"

High school coaches can coach their own players during AAU.

There is nothing wrong with the freshman coaches at HC. First off, this is the first year for them and AAU ball doesn't start till after school ball is over. So by khsaa law they can't have broken any laws because aau seeason hasn't happened yet. But honestly trying to understand the bylaws can be difficult.

Royals AAU Team

Macke=Macke

Houston=Houston

Holy Cross Freshman team

But how do you explain

Macke=Houston

Houston=Macke

If I understand it correctly, Macke was not a coach at Holy Cross LAST SUMMER, nor was her son a student at Holy Cross LAST SUMMER.