Walz-Richey's career all-time scoring record on pace to be broken

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Come on guys. If a middle school player can help a freshman, junior varsity or even a varsity team, they should be allowed to do so. I have two younger sisters who both played basketball in New London (Ohio) . They are two years apart and my youngest sister scored more than 1,000 points for her career. Dad kept the scorebook. During a varsity game once when my youngest sister was in the eighth grade, the varsity head coach looked at Dad and said he wished my youngest could suit up for varsity because she was a point guard and the varsity guards had problems handling the ball.

Yep, we've had many a conversation about this topic and I disagree 100%!! Its a Ky. Rule that is slowly losing its grip on MS players moving up and eventually Ky will get with the times and others states and be 4 years only. These records will be put aside with an * by it.

Just curious...did you read this at all or just choose to keep stomping your foot ??

1-7-2016 3-14-05 PM.png

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54180[/ATTACH]

How about I don't really care, nor care for the Ky rule allowing anyone below grade 9 to play on any varsity athletic team period! That's my argument, my opinion, which when I checked last I'm allowed to have. How about looking up stats on how many other states allow what Ky allows. Instead of wasting time on what we already know about Ky KHSSA rules. Which I disagree with and that was my post. Nothing to do with the girl. Good for her.

How about I don't really care, nor care for the Ky rule allowing anyone below grade 9 to play on any varsity athletic team period!That's my argument, my opinion, which when I checked last I'm allowed to have. How about looking up stats on how many other states allow what Ky allows. Instead of wasting time on what we already know about Ky KHSSA rules. Which I disagree with and that was my post. Nothing to do with the girl. Good for her.

Must've pushed a button.

Please explain your reasoning on what defines varsity because I must've missed it. Maybe then I will better understand your reasoning.

• 3 weeks later...

If my math is correct it looks like Miss Creech needs 63 points to surpass Jamie Walz - Richey after scoring 220 points in her last 5 games to give her 1035 on the season. She still has 9 games left in the regular season so based on her current 49.3 average you would expect her to break the record on Feb. 4th at Perry County Central. In an earlier outing against Perry Co. Central she scored 55 points. She faces Painstville next On Feb. 2nd at Paintsville. I would expect a full house for those next 2 games in anticipation of her breaking the record.

Id be curious to know how Creech does in aau ball? Assuming she's playing against equally talented players around the state, how does she do? Does she still score a lot? Does she standout on the court when others her age and skill level are playing with/against her?

In my opinion they should only keep the records when the kids get into high school and play varsity. I am not taking nothing away from Creech its an amazing accomplishment. A lot of schools don't allow grade school/junior high kids to play varsity even schools with enough enrollment for example HHS and HC do again that's their choice but don't agree with it. The kids who play varsity when they get to high school will never have a chance to catch either one of them because there will not be able to play in enough games, again my opinion.

IMO if Walz-Richey had a similar team around her during her career that Creech has around her then she wouldve scored many more points. I think some of those numbers are awesome but when you are the only one on your team scoring that is a problem.

IMO if Walz-Richey had a similar team around her during her career that Creech has around her then she wouldve scored many more points. I think some of those numbers are awesome but when you are the only one on your team scoring that is a problem.

Not necessarily true, I believe its harder do to the fact that you are being double and sometimes triple teamed if you are the only one scoring. If you have a good team around you it opens it up for you to score more because the other team has to worry not only about the one who does the majority of your scoring but the others who are capable of scoring. Not taking anything away from Jamie I watched her play she was a great player.