Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who Will Win The 14th?

Featured Replies

What kind of team will Letcher Central have next season?

  • Replies 55
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

I saw buckhorn play at PCC's team camp. They won the tournament...consisting of Leslie, Powell, PCC, Owsley, South Laurel, and Cordia. They were a solid team, but to me not a contender in the 14th. They will certainly shock a few teams this year and come up with a few upsets. From what i saw almost every team was down players due to other sports which would have made the competition much more competitive...

Hoping Estill can be competitive in the 56th this season.

The 14th is wide open once agian. You can expect the perennial powers like PCC and Hazard to be contenders. JBS probably has the most talent of any school. Lee County will probably have one of the most athletic teams in the region with Fetters, and Johnson. And you can count on Buckhorn to be a team to cause problems.

 

Good job on summing it up,:thumb: I see it about the same way. June B. is most taleted and has the best potential to work with. Hazard is prolly the team that may not be in the running just due to coach changes and player changes from what I hear( but I wouldnt count them out). Besides these teams I dont see much others coming out but maybe a Powell, Owsley or Knott Co. These 3 teams always compete and pull out upsets here and there.

I kinda believe that too...:sssh:

Myself I think Knott will be able to play with anyone in the region if they play good team ball, because they got just as good as players

Good job on summing it up,:thumb: I see it about the same way. June B. is most taleted and has the best potential to work with. Hazard is prolly the team that may not be in the running just due to coach changes and player changes from what I hear( but I wouldnt count them out). Besides these teams I dont see much others coming out but maybe a Powell, Owsley or Knott Co. These 3 teams always compete and pull out upsets here and there.

 

 

Don't count Hazard out. All of the players are back and Lewis Morris will do a fine job as their coach.

I would have to say Jbs will have the most talent. And will be well coached by Jim Stepp and Associates! They will be a solid all around team and barring any set backs should be showing their stuff in rupp! But you will also have to beat the Hazard and PCC team that are there in the end every year. Also, Lee will be running and gunning all year long and if they are hitting at the right time could pull a couple upsets in the tourney! Yes JBS has the most talent, but that always don't get you to the promise land! :)

Don't count Hazard out. All of the players are back and Lewis Morris will do a fine job as their coach.

 

Never, eventhough Hazard has a tough time with the draw, after last year its gonna be hard to ever count Hazard out again.Even if Hazard comes in as loser , this is never an easy draw.

I think June Buchanan will have the best team by far but the best team does not always win. They still will have a relatively young team but have alot of experience. They have tremendous guard play and could have a dominating inside game this year also. They have huge size for such a small school.

 

Hazard will be solid but I think will rely on Hicks too often. When Hicks is on they are very good but if he has an off night they could be in trouble.

 

Perry County will play alot of new players and time will tell how they do but Coach Holland always puts a good team on the floor.

 

I had a coach tell me this week that he thought Owsley looked good in summer ball but I didnt see them play.

 

 

 

 

Hazard will win.

No hazard dont go as hicks goes. Remember wolfe co hicks had 35 hazard lost. Not to take anything way from hicks hes great but hazard dont go as hicks goes.

I like June Buchanan, I love there back court

Breathitt has 4 returning starters from last year. The young cats could be dangerious. They have gotten alot of experience from last year and look for these cats to turn some heads this year.

I saw buckhorn play at PCC's team camp. They won the tournament...consisting of Leslie, Powell, PCC, Owsley, South Laurel, and Cordia. They were a solid team, but to me not a contender in the 14th. They will certainly shock a few teams this year and come up with a few upsets. From what i saw almost every team was down players due to other sports which would have made the competition much more competitive...

 

Perry doesnt play in their own tournament and i dont think South Laurel was there for the touney either.

  • Author
Perry doesnt play in their own tournament and i dont think South Laurel was there for the touney either.

 

Perry did play...and yes South Laurel was there ( Ty Profitt was not present ) he was attending a individual camp in Florida.

lcc will be a sleeper in the 14th! they will sneak up on more than a few teams next plus they have great fans :sleep:

it was PCC jv team that played in the tourney..varsity did not play! Still Buckhorn played well and will be a good team this year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.