Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who Will Win The 14th?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 55
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think June Buchanan will win the region this year, but someone told me today that Perry Central's Bailey had transferred back to Hazard. Now that would certainly change everything. If that's true, then I would have to go with Hazard. But it's only hearsay. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

Not true professor, he is also playing soccer for PCC and is playing in the semi's of the regional tourney tonight against corbin. No chance of him leaving.

If I had to pick one it would be Hazard. However,the region as a whole is a little weak and I believe JBS,PCC,Lee ,Leslie and Powell will all be in the mix. One of those predictions won't even make it to the regional tourney.

Don't count Hazard out. All of the players are back and Lewis Morris will do a fine job as their coach.
What about Osteen and Olinger. Didn't they graduate?
  • Author

Yes..both Osteen and Olinger graduated, Hazard still has 2 solid players in Justin Hicks and Michael Campbell. I also agree that JBS , PCC, Powell and Lee will be in the mix, i don't see Leslie making a mark. Basketball is a funny game, teams have bad games, and sometimes they are unstoppable, the region is really wide-open between those 5 teams.

Hazard still has some talent, especially with Justin Hicks. But they have to have some others step up and take on some of that scoring load with the losses they did have to graduation and the new coach will be under some heat as Spurlock had quite a run there. Hicks is the returning 14th region Tourney MVP and season POY (as voted by the coaches), so you know that he will be the focus of every opponents defensive effort. If others step up, then Hazard will be okay.

One player no one is mentioning when talking about Hazard is Matt Williams. He will be threat as well. With Hick, Campbell, and Williams they will still be one of the teams to beat. Along with other players I don't know.

Campbell is only a sophomore this year right? He was very strong last year to only be a freshman.

I think that Breathitt will be alot better this year.

I think that Breathitt will be alot better this year.

I would agree with that. They return a lot from last season. These kids will have the experience they lacked last season. I still think Breathitt jumped the gun on letting Coach Hall go.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.