Joey Votto finalist for MVP

I love Votto as much as the next guy and he had an outstanding season and is truly worthy statistically to be considered, but IMO your team should at least be in contention in order to be considered for this award. Personally I would give it to Yoenis Cespedes, because of what he brought to the Mets. MVP to me is more than just stats, its about what you mean to the team and the value you bring to the table and he completly changed the culture of the mets and that to me is way more valuable. With that said Harper will win in a Reagan-esque landslide and rightfully so.

I love Votto as much as the next guy and he had an outstanding season and is truly worthy statistically to be considered' date=' but IMO your team should at least be in contention in order to be considered for this award. Personally I would give it to Yoenis Cespedes, because of what he brought to the Mets. MVP to me is more than just stats, its about what you mean to the team and the value you bring to the table and he completly changed the culture of the mets and that to me is way more valuable. With that said Harper will win in a Reagan-esque landslide and rightfully so.[/quote']

Disagree. It's an individual award. Harper is the right choice.

Disagree. It's an individual award. Harper is the right choice.

I won't argue with someone who says Harper, rightfully deserves it. I just sort of think that Cespedes provided more value to his team because of how quickly the turned around once he got there. In the end I would probably end up voting for Harper anyways, but I would think pretty hard about Cespedes.

Votto's 2015 numbers are incredible:

.314 AVG, .459 OBP, 1.000 OPS, 29 HR, 80 RBI, 95 Runs, 135 K's in 158 games.

With Runners on, his OBP was .489. With RISP, his OBP was .484. With RISP & 2 outs, he got on base 49% of the time. He came up 5 times with the bases loaded, and got 3 hits & 8 RBI's. Interestingly enough, his average was .600 with the bases loaded & his OBP was only .571.

After the all star break, his OBP was .535. Let that sink in.....535.

Have talked to a few people who think Votto very well may win it.

Their logic: None of the finalists teams were worth a darn, so the whole played for a winning team argument holds no water. Also, and most importantly, many in the baseball world can't stand Bryce Harper.

Not sure I agree with it, but it's an interesting perspective on it.