Global Warming?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you've gone and done it: entered real science into the debate of global warming. Silly man. How can Al ride his one pony issue to get elected to the Presidency with you bringing facts into the debate? I hope you are happy with yourself.

P.S. Great job!

Now you've gone and done it: entered real science into the debate of global warming. Silly man. How can Al ride his one pony issue to get elected to the Presidency with you bringing facts into the debate? I hope you are happy with yourself.

P.S. Great job!

:lol: :thumb:

Watching the Earth's ice melt

These guys — scientists at the National Snow and Ice Data Center — seem to think there's a problem.

Seems also like this Harris guy is more interested in debunking Al Gore than actually having any real environmental concerns.

Of course he's interested in debunking him, the article was in response to Gore's film, as well as the fact that Gore's scientists aren't climatologists.

btw Jim, you know I'm no Steelers fan, but that is an awesome ring.

I just read that article on the internet (that Al Gore invented). The earth has been around for millions of years. It has survived ice ages, asteroids, and disco. Are people actually arrogant enough to think they can destroy it with a few auto emissions and freon leaks? Al is an alarmist, nothing more and nothing less. He is the Al Sharpton of the environment.

Of course he's interested in debunking him, the article was in response to Gore's film, as well as the fact that Gore's scientists aren't climatologists.

btw Jim, you know I'm no Steelers fan, but that is an awesome ring.

Thanks! Wish I had one of my own, but I'll just have to settle for the picture. :thumb:

I say we continue to not care what new and potentially dangerous toxins we've entered into the equation over the last 100 years, and just go with the flow. It might only be our great grandkids that end up paying the price...

I say we continue to not care what new and potentially dangerous toxins we've entered into the equation over the last 100 years, and just go with the flow. It might only be our great grandkids that end up paying the price...

You could at least make a courteous attempt to disguise your sarcasm.:D

I just read that article on the internet (that Al Gore invented). The earth has been around for millions of years. It has survived ice ages, asteroids, and disco. Are people actually arrogant enough to think they can destroy it with a few auto emissions and freon leaks? Al is an alarmist, nothing more and nothing less. He is the Al Sharpton of the environment.
:thumb:

The eruptions of Mount Pinatubo in 1991 and 1992 dumped more gas and toxins in the atmosphere than Man has in his entire time on the planet. The guts of the Earth were spewed into the upper atmosphere. Not just ash, greenhouse gases galore from burning coal, oil, iron, copper, and every element contained in and below the crust. (Why can't people see this? You don't need to be a scientist to use common sense.) Global weather WAS affected. The temperature DROPPED and average of 1.5 C in 1992 and 1993 around the earth. At the time, scientists where afraid the shock just might completely destroy the ozone layer. Guess what. In 1999 reports indicated that the ozone had actually repaired itself. Mother Nature adjusted and recovered.

The 1815 explosion of Tambora was so bad it caused 1816 to have no summer. It was snowing in July and August as far south as Virginia. Mother Nature adjusted and recovered.

I believe that we should do what is necessary to protect our environment, but there is no need to go overboard.

When I was in high school, my biology teacher said that maybe global warming was because of all the paved roads. Or maybe all of the people on the earth are emitting too much heat.

Seriously though, if you look at the climate trends of the past, there are dips and rises in the temperatures. Until the average temperatures rise significantly then we don't need to run around yelling "The sky if falling, the sky if falling."