Global Warming?

C'mon Jimmy, you know as well as anyone that NPR has its own unique slant on the news it disseminates... :D

NPR may be "right" of Air America… but "right next to" them… :lol:

Is that why in polls I've seen about news sources that conservatives rate NPR as playing it straight-up with no bias?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you listen to the link I posted? Given the way our government likes to censor reports and hide anything that might cast the administration in an unfavorable light, it seems two scientists employed by the government would have a lot of credibility, especially with conservative-types.

Are you listening to "Paranoid" by Ozzy by any chance? Be sure to check under your bed before you go to sleep tonight. The bogeyman may be hiding there.

Are you listening to "Paranoid" by Ozzy by any chance? Be sure to check under your bed before you go to sleep tonight. The bogeyman may be hiding there.

Whatever you say. This administration has gone out of its way to prevent the release of information that might cast their supporters — big-time industrial polluters — in a bad light, to the point of blacking out information on EPA reports.

Come on TTC, Jimmy's not paranoid... Bush IS out to get him... my garden gnome told me so... :sssh:

Got a link to that poll?

I'm looking.

But I think this article helps support my point. It seems to me that if NPR were as hopelessly liberal as you folks suggest, most of their sources would also be hopelessly liberal.

Scroll down to the "Liberal Bias" subhead about midway down the page.

Whatever you say. This administration has gone out of its way to prevent the release of information that might cast their supporters — big-time industrial polluters — in a bad light, to the point of blacking out information on EPA reports.

Speaking of big-time polluters, The American Bar Association supported Clinton.:D.

P.S. Nothing personal to the fine attorneys of BGP.

Did you listen to the link I posted? Given the way our government likes to censor reports and hide anything that might cast the administration in an unfavorable light, it seems two scientists employed by the government would have a lot of credibility, especially with conservative-types.

I know who you are now Jim; you are a star and I want an autograph. You were great in "Eight Legged Freaks" as that radio disc jockey. I smelled Oscar all over that.:D :D

Thanks for the links. Didn't NPR leadership change over the past few years? I remember seeing a story concerning the redirecting of NPR in order to make it appealing to a wider audience (bring it to the middle so to speak).

I'm not sure. I know that was something that went on at PBS in the last year or so, but I don't recall such with NPR. I've been a pretty dedicated listener for about 10 years or so, but I can't recall any major shift.

One of the reasons I like it so much is that I feel NPR does play it straight-up. I will admit that they do trend a bit left on their environmental reporting — well, maybe not so much that as they do many more environment-related stories than most national media outlets. An interesting thing I noticed when skimming those articles — I think it was a story on the Fairness And Accuracy In Reporting (FAIR) site — is that a high number of avowed liberals complain NPR leans right, while a similar number of avowed conservatives complain it leans left. That tells me quite a lot that NPR is about as neutral as you're gonna get in this country.

:lol: :D

I made that a two smiley even though your skin is thick; glad you took it well. All in fun. (I really figured you were more like Wade with the ponytail, oops, before the charity drive...well..you know.)

I'm not sure. I know that was something that went on at PBS in the last year or so, but I don't recall such with NPR. I've been a pretty dedicated listener for about 10 years or so, but I can't recall any major shift.

That's right. It was PBS. Oh well. I knew there was 3 initials involved.:creepy: