I'm in the canoe, Cats will go bowling...

letabrotherspeak

and I don't mean the one with the alley's and standing pins...I'm talking Poulan Weedeater, Poinsettia, Meinke Car Care, Emerald, MPC Computers type bowls, baby.

Get the mail orders ready for the Music City or Memphis or ....

Cats gotta be ready to make the next step and play in some type of bowl game in December.

I know most are giggling and wonder how I can project at least 6 wins and they have only won 5 in the last 2 years.

But I think they can do it this year. Or at least they should...if they are making the progress that most Cat fans think they should be.

What am I basing this on?

3 factors.

1. Favorable home schedule that includes 7 home games this year.

2. Every single solitary offensive lineman returns, plus others. They will have 9 OL that have starting expericence plus the addition of Aaron Miller should be a boost to their offense.

3. A defense with some depth, plus the return of some injured Cats should improve on their ppg allowed over the last few years.

The big question is who is going to be the starting QB? I think it depends on what type offense they intend to run...could be a hybrid look of some rollout and drop back passing with Pulley and Woodson.

A healthy Burton and Little is going to be key.

Not many are giving UK much of a chance versus Louisville, and based on the past why should they? If anything, the game last year sort of exposed Louisville as quite not ready for prime time, because of their road play. They were an entirely diferent animal at the Slice.

But UK goes to PJS, so it may not be pretty.

But the big game that looms for UK is a 9/16 home game versus Ole Miss. It is almost a must game if UK wants to entertain bowl aspirations. The four games v. Ole Miss, SC, @MSU, and v. Vandy could hold they key to a bowl game. UK must win 3 of those games. Knocking off Ole Miss would be a huge step in the right direction...given that UK should beat Texas St., CMU, and ULM.

So I'm in the canoe and have picked up my paddle, who else is in? Hopefully, too many will not want to paddle me over the head for my prediction of...6-6 and a trip to somewhere like Shreveport.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'd like to see UK get 6 wins and go to a Bowl game, I find it hard to believe. It's not that I can't see UK winning 6 games... it's that I can't see 6 teams losing to them.

But here's to hoping :thumb:

And I agree, a healthy Burton, Little, and ALL players will be very key.

And I just have to throw in a "GO CARDS!" for good measure, in case I confused anyone.

Sorry we play Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, and South Carolina EVERY YEAR

What are you talking about?

UL plays Rutgers, Syracuse, Connetticut and South Florida every year. Oh yeah I forgot the powerhouse Cincinnati :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

A UL making fun of UK's weak schedule = :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: