I'm in the canoe, Cats will go bowling...

letabrotherspeak

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you talking about?

UL plays Rutgers, Syracuse, Connetticut and South Florida every year. Oh yeah I forgot the powerhouse Cincinnati :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

A UL making fun of UK's weak schedule = :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What do all four of those schools have in common?

They would all be favored to beat UK.:D

Also Louisvile owns very lopsided victoried to all of those teams within the last three years.

and I don't mean the one with the alley's and standing pins...I'm talking Poulan Weedeater, Poinsettia, Meinke Car Care, Emerald, MPC Computers type bowls, baby.

Get the mail orders ready for the Music City or Memphis or ....

Cats gotta be ready to make the next step and play in some type of bowl game in December.

While I like the optimism, I cannot get myself to agree. However, if I am wrong, I will GLADLY eat all the crow you can serve up for me. Boiled, baked, broiled, blackened, deep fried, etc.. If the Cats go bowling, I will eat that crow however you choose to cook it.

With most if not all teams this year playng A 12 game schedule. Would it still take just 6 wins for a bowl game?, I mean I know it is all about the $$$ but I don't agree witha 6 win season going bowling with an 11 game schedule, much less with a 12 game set. That would mean you play .500 ball and your good enough for a bowl game - I don't think so.

What are you talking about?

UL plays Rutgers, Syracuse, Connetticut and South Florida every year. Oh yeah I forgot the powerhouse Cincinnati :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

A UL making fun of UK's weak schedule = :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That is really not their doing though, those teams are mostly in the "Big Least" conference and they basically have to play them.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That is really not their doing though, those teams are mostly in the "Big Least" conference and they basically have to play them.

Syracuse was the only Big East team with an RPI lower than UK last year. Nice...

What do all four of those schools have in common?

They would all be favored to beat UK.:D

Also Louisvile owns very lopsided victoried to all of those teams within the last three years.

And those schools are comparable to the SEC teams mentioned in what way? That they would all be favored to beat UK? And UL just beat UK like a drum last year, .. oh wait a minute, that game was close wasn't it? ;) There is no comparison in the overall level of football played in the Big East and the SEC. The Big East is much stronger in hoops right now (except that the Ntl Champ did come from the SEC this year), but in football, UL would not have lopsided victories against the SEC teams mentioned. I think they would do very well, win some, lose some. But they wouldn't dominate them as they did the Big East schools mentioned!

Don't get me wrong, UL will more than likely drill UK this year. And I think UK might go bowling, but I am not sold on it just yet. I think 5 wins is more in line given the youth of this team and the fact that RP pointed out that they don't have a plethera of scholly WR's. That would sure help the QB's and Little if they did, but they don't.

and I don't mean the one with the alley's and standing pins...I'm talking Poulan Weedeater, Poinsettia, Meinke Car Care, Emerald, MPC Computers type bowls, baby.

Get the mail orders ready for the Music City or Memphis or ....

Cats gotta be ready to make the next step and play in some type of bowl game in December.

I know most are giggling and wonder how I can project at least 6 wins and they have only won 5 in the last 2 years.

But I think they can do it this year. Or at least they should...if they are making the progress that most Cat fans think they should be.

What am I basing this on?

3 factors.

1. Favorable home schedule that includes 7 home games this year.

2. Every single solitary offensive lineman returns, plus others. They will have 9 OL that have starting expericence plus the addition of Aaron Miller should be a boost to their offense.

3. A defense with some depth, plus the return of some injured Cats should improve on their ppg allowed over the last few years.

The big question is who is going to be the starting QB? I think it depends on what type offense they intend to run...could be a hybrid look of some rollout and drop back passing with Pulley and Woodson.

A healthy Burton and Little is going to be key.

Not many are giving UK much of a chance versus Louisville, and based on the past why should they? If anything, the game last year sort of exposed Louisville as quite not ready for prime time, because of their road play. They were an entirely diferent animal at the Slice.

But UK goes to PJS, so it may not be pretty.

But the big game that looms for UK is a 9/16 home game versus Ole Miss. It is almost a must game if UK wants to entertain bowl aspirations. The four games v. Ole Miss, SC, @MSU, and v. Vandy could hold they key to a bowl game. UK must win 3 of those games. Knocking off Ole Miss would be a huge step in the right direction...given that UK should beat Texas St., CMU, and ULM.

So I'm in the canoe and have picked up my paddle, who else is in? Hopefully, too many will not want to paddle me over the head for my prediction of...6-6 and a trip to somewhere like Shreveport.

Hey Brother,

Nice post with observations made obviously with some thought and without unnecessary incendiary remarks or negative comments about anyone else. Wish we had more like this:thumb:

I dont know if I agree with all of it but also hope they can go to a bowl.

I dont particularly love Brooks (he's rather bland) but I dont know how anyone can question the credibility of Mike Archer with his excellent college & pro history. The fact Archer is still here with Brooks causes me to holdoff completely writing this staff off. [there must be something worthwhile going on - or maybe Im just hoping?]

I dont feel bad about losing Brohm & Bush to UL - that was a high probability anyway. I'm encouraged that we are not getting beat on other talent like M. Johnson and have had some good recruits. We just have been so hamstrung #'s wise that you cant afford ANY bad breaks; injuries, discipline/academic dismissals, etc = and we've surely been hit hard there:scared: Things are definitely looking up in that regards & Im anxious to see if it makes a difference on the field.

Even a talented UK football team is always going to be hard pressed to be a major presence in the SEC, there is just too much talent on a weekly basis IMO. You never know, maybe one day they can morph into a regular contender but I dont count on it. As you noted, the line is our key. UK has NEVER had enough depth there IMO. There are loads of RB's that can be productive if we have a great line and that would also help stabilize a QB situation - whomever they put back there.

So Im not sure about the canoe analogy but I still support the Cats. I just never get to high or low like some folks do in following their team.

Woody Jr