I'm in the canoe, Cats will go bowling...

letabrotherspeak

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just making a point. Be careful when throwing stones. Would you prefer the BEast Champ over the SEC Champ head to head argument???

Nope not trying to compare conferences, I'm sure you aren't implying the Big East is better than the SEC are you?

You and I both know how wacky the RPI can be.

Changing your tune about the schedule?

As expected.

Not at all. UK"s non-conference schedule is laughable.

What I said was that the teams that were pointed out would all be favored to beat UK. That means they will never show up as OOC opponents for UK.

Nope not trying to compare conferences, I'm sure you aren't implying the Big East is better than the SEC are you?

You and I both know how wacky the RPI can be.

The Big East champion did beat the SEC champion now that you mention it.

The Big East champion did beat the SEC champion now that you mention it.

What do you think the result would be if you took #1 though #8 in each conference and matched them up. SERIOUSLY!!

While I agree that Louisville should never crack on UK's dumbed down schedule, Louisville has made it a little tougher in recent years.

With that said, too many injuries yet again result in a 4 win season and the UK Boosters renting a U-haul and sending it to Rich Brooks' home in December.

Keep in mind that the University of Louisville is also on UK's OOC schedule.

This makes UL's schedule weaker and UK's stronger. As a Cat fan, this hurts to say, but it is true.

Both fans should be cheering for the other as it will improve their strength of schedule and IF UK were to win 6 games this season, it could really help UL, especially if they are making a solid run toward a BCS berth.

I agree that this should be the Cat's return to bowl eligiblity. I am pretty sure I said that a while back too. With the schedule looking more friendly (and that is not a put down it is exactly what a building team in the SEC has to have) and the development of the talent Brooks and Phillips has brought in with decent recruiting classes, I really think the Cats have a shot. That said I don't think that they are going to be bringing down many of the powers that be on the schedule as most the toughest games are also away games but they should control their own destiny and beat Vandy, Ole Miss, Miss State, Texas State, Central Michigan, and Louisiana-Monroe. I mean that barring injury, I think the Cats will be bowling.

I don't really know what they will do. I will really make my prediction after week 1 vs. Louisville. I mean they have a lot of things working for them to get a bowl game...but they can find ways to screw that up ya know! lol

I think UK is finally to the point where they can overcome injuries to all positions except WR & CB. The injury bug is the one thing that has hit them the hardest the last 3 years. If they can stay healthy they can win 6 games.