Will the 4A State Final game be a rout?

Of course there is no way to know for sure but I think it is a concern. I am sure many of you will point to the old Jefferson County vs. the At Large Champs format and say probably not but I have another concern in mind. Under the format we have been working under most teams figured to have to beat Trinity and X in the same year to win the 4A title. Now (for the majority of teams) you will only have to beat one of them and possibly neither one. What I fear is reduction in competition may cause some of the other 4A coaches to let their guard down ever so slightly and in a game of inches that scares me. Then again, maybe those same coaches will pick up the pace because they see light at the end of the tunnel for the first time in years.

Your thoughts?

That is not the point I am trying to make MT which is why I brought up the old At Large format. I want to know if light at the end of the tunnel for the other 4A schools means they will work harder or let down their guard just a little bit? I think it is a very fair question.

That is not the point I am trying to make MT which is why I brought up the old At Large format. I want to know if light at the end of the tunnel for the other 4A schools means they will work harder or let down their guard just a little bit? I think it is a very fair question.

I believe the standards are different for the "at large" schools than the Big 3. X's season was a disappointment last year, as Trinity's was in 2004. Just making it to state isn't enough.

I believe the vast majority of "at large" schools are happy if they make it to state; anything else is just icing. I'll never forget seeing some of my college football teamates' t-shirts that read "Playing on the turf" or "We made it to the turf" (references to the old Cardinal Stadium). You don't see those shirts in Louisvile.

I believe the standards are different for the "at large" schools than the Big 3. X's season was a disappointment last year, as Trinity's was in 2004. Just making it to state isn't enough.

I believe the vast majority of "at large" schools are happy if they make it to state; anything else is just icing. I'll never forget seeing some of my college football teamates' t-shirts that read "Playing on the turf" or "We made it to the turf" (references to the old Cardinal Stadium). You don't see those shirts in Louisvile.

You make a good point but I think it is more of the fact they live by it and see it more often and hear about it more often and that loses its mystique.

great post bro and I agree.

You see, I think with The Big III out on the horizon it gives teams that something they are building on, an edge if you will. Now that we are out of the equation on the east side (at least for this year), it makes me think that Boone, Dixie, or the under achievers in Lexington, will lose some of that edge knowing that one of them are going to walk into the finals, and likely get blasted by one of the Big III....check out recent scores (Dixie excluded on their great years)...it is not pretty.

Reactions will vary. But I think it will give those schools/coaches/kids really dedicated and believing that they can do it, a light at the end of the tunnel. But no doubt, there will be a few that could let their guard down. However, the key is whether or not they truly BELIEVE that they can beat one of the powers on the carpet in L'ville and not be satistified with just being there. Because I have no doubt that there will be a L'ville team on the carpet in 4A as usual.

Of course there is no way to know for sure but I think it is a concern. I am sure many of you will point to the old Jefferson County vs. the At Large Champs format and say probably not but I have another concern in mind. Under the format we have been working under most teams figured to have to beat Trinity and X in the same year to win the 4A title. Now (for the majority of teams) you will only have to beat one of them and possibly neither one. What I fear is reduction in competition may cause some of the other 4A coaches to let their guard down ever so slightly and in a game of inches that scares me. Then again, maybe those same coaches will pick up the pace because they see light at the end of the tunnel for the first time in years.

Your thoughts?

Give about four games in to the season, and I let you know what I think.

I don't think it makes a twit of difference,

I think most coaches & teams are busting their butts as hard as they can regardless of who they play, when, where, and the brouhaha surrounding it.

Talk is cheap and the best teams just go out and do their best IMO

It's too easy for us on the side or after the fact to deign some psychological or mystical rumblings to these things.

Woody Jr

I don't think it makes a twit of difference,

I think most coaches & teams are busting their butts as hard as they can regardless of who they play, when, where, and the brouhaha surrounding it.

Talk is cheap and the best teams just go out and do their best IMO

It's too easy for us on the side or after the fact to deign some psychological or mystical rumblings to these things.

Woody Jr

I agree, I dont think there is a coach or team out there that is not doing everything they think they need to. I think the ru is saying, Now I know I dont have to play T or X or do have to play them, I am going to coach harder or different, That to me is saying that you assume that the coach is not doing everything possible already. You cant tell me the the lex coaches or Nky coaches arnt working just as hard last year then they will this year.

Yes, I think this will push Lex. and NKy teams. They will surely see this as a huge window of opportunity and prob lift their confidence too knowing they dont have to play both T and X.

Good point. I do not believe that it will a route. I may be wrong, but I do not recall many times the champions had an easy time getting to the finals. There is always one or two games they have to play a good game to win.