Fort Wright accident kills 4

SportsGuy41017

This once again points out the very serious effect of addiction, and once again, lives were lost. As we all know addiction effects every type of person in life, .

Pain medicine addiction is a real problem, as well as heroin, more needs to be done.

Stop handing out Narcan like its a bandaid. When more often than not people that are Narcanned are mad because you ruined their high it's time to reevaluate its use.

Every life is precious even an addicts but when folks would rather risk death over not being high then maybe you just need to let them have it their way. Society can't make someone live that has no will to do so. All of this sounds terrible but it's a reality I've come to understand more clearly over the past couple of years. Drugs are bad.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone knows of someone who has an addiction, and everyone also knows someone that is addicted to opioids, most just don't know it.

It's called addition for a reason. Every life is valuable and every life is worth saving.

We need to do more on fighting this problem, including making very stiff and mandatory long prison time for any dealer.

This is another example of why some folks aren't a big fan of Narcan.

I think high school Freshmen should have to go sit in court for a couple of hours and listen to what drugs and bad choices does to your life and those around you.

That would be a great educational tool. Way better than sitting in a class.

• 1 month later...

I know that someone else said this as well, but the day of the accident someone I know who was at the scene mentioned that he most likely was impaired.

From his past should he even have a drivers license?

I know that someone else said this as well, but the day of the accident someone I know who was at the scene mentioned that he most likely was impaired.

From his past should he even have a drivers license?

Wouldn't stop anyone from driving...

Then not only should he shouldn't have been driving, he should have been locked up, if they were seen to be caused by drugs.

Space constraint problem. Traffic accidents with possession charges tend to get you a summons to appear, but not immediately incarcerated.

Campbell County is going to attempt to work on this issue by the conversion project at the old county admin building, converting it into managed beds for treatment....however, if it follows true to past practice, the contract will be awarded to a local not for profit and likely not have the key treatment staff to address the problem.

The overhead to staff and run the place eats up the dollars to hire the necessary trained / qualified staff to provide the treatment.

You end up with the least experienced treatment providers attempting to treat the sickest addicts....

This is a sad, yet perfect example that addiction affects all of us. I do not know the details of the guy who caused the accident or how he became addicted. But three people that he did not know are no longer on this Earth due to to an addition. Today or tomorrow it could be anyone of us too.