Fort Wright accident kills 4

SportsGuy41017

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm VERY familiar with this stretch. The speed limit is 45mph, some folks will do 60, and I have seen Fort Wright officers run radar many times but as SportsGuy41017 posted, apparently a medical emergency caused this tragedy. Got a text from my daughter is why I just heard about it because she knows I drive that stretch every day. Prayers for all lost souls and anyone who may have survived.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/aLYdJDY5MTE2NnwxTHlHQmV5akFyektOUerNj8J-6GpO1W0opQeNYLTybQFVEUKy9IZU7pXpUZk=

Drivers of both vehicles involved were males. The vehicle struck by the other car, which had been driving erratically and crossed the center line, had two female passengers. All involved individuals have died, and all were "adults", per Ft. Wright PD.

^ As you and others who drive that stretch know, it's very easy to gain a lot of speed just coasting. The accident was about 75 yards uphill from Reeves Drive. From the marks from the accident and the reconstruction paint, it looks like the car going up hill was in the right lane of the two up hill lanes.

The first thing that I and others thought when we heard of the accident was the timing. The 911 call came in at 2:58 PM, Cov Cath dismisses at 2:45 PM, and I am sure that Notre Dame gets out about the same time.