Obama renames Mt. McKinley

D-Rob

So if the President can just bless changing the name of something, what if he decided to rename it Mt. Obama? Is that OK? If Trump becomes president, every building in America will be named "Trump something" if the President can do this.

I'm guessing there is likely a process that is followed. I would think the Department of the Interior may be included. I also read that this has been proposed numerous times over the years, which makes me think it may have been coming down the pike longer than "Obama woke up today and wanted to change a mountain's name." And I'm also guessing the decision to make the change permanent was probably announced when it was because he was going to Alaska.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just silly... Universal healthcare will become very popular in time. Just watch. Already very successful in KY, the ACA will top the list when Mr Obama is written about by historians. It's a historic and landmark achievement and one, I predict, that will prove to be enormously popular over time.

You can't be serious. ..

:stop:

I still can't believe there are people upset about this.

Spend a little more time in here and you will soon believe.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If President Obama, a Clinton, pretty much anybody with a (D) after their name walked on water, the usual suspects would complain that it was heavy water.:D

So if the President can just bless changing the name of something, what if he decided to rename it Mt. Obama? Is that OK? If Trump becomes president, every building in America will be named "Trump something" if the President can do this.

So that's like 4 more he will have to name....

Is this a serious question? Do we really believe the President spends all of his time on "pressing matters" and not small-scale type stuff?

It always seems that you hear about the small-scale stuff? I really could careless what the name of the mountain is. Heck they could call it Mount Palin and I would be fine with it. It isn't that big of a deal.