Ben Weyer commits to Bellarmine

Great school, great area, great academics, great overall environment!

Their home games are almost all sell outs and that place gets loud! The best D2 basketball atmosphere around and better than most D1 schools in the area!! Most road games the places are packed with fans and they are ready for some basketball. Wait till he goes to Drury for a game, awesome place to watch a great brand of basketball!

The smaller sized gyms coupled with rowdy, loud, and energetic fans at almost all the schools makes it a lot of fun. To me it is better than going to a D1 school that is half empty, quiet, cold, and void of energy and enthusiasm! I compare it to playing in the Regional tournament in a high school gym compared to big college arena, but with about 1/4 of the fans in the big arena.

I'm going to have to make a point to get to BU to see a game. Sounds like my kind of environment.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to have to make a point to get to BU to see a game. Sounds like my kind of environment.

It is a great environment, the students, fans, and alumni really support their basketball!

On top of that, the road gyms are pretty cool to attend and see. They are unique with a lot character, obviously some better than others, but not cookie cutter.

Great school, great area, great academics, great overall environment!

Their home games are almost all sell outs and that place gets loud! The best D2 basketball atmosphere around and better than most D1 schools in the area!! Most road games the places are packed with fans and they are ready for some basketball. Wait till he goes to Drury for a game, awesome place to watch a great brand of basketball!

The smaller sized gyms coupled with rowdy, loud, and energetic fans at almost all the schools makes it a lot of fun. To me it is better than going to a D1 school that is half empty, quiet, cold, and void of energy and enthusiasm! I compare it to playing in the Regional tournament in a high school gym compared to big college arena, but with about 1/4 of the fans in the big arena.

Went to my first game there 2 years ago. Non conference game. Walked to the ticket window and bought an upper arena seat??? Best I could get and

I was there early! Great crowd. Great student section. Season ticket holders are abundant. Maybe more than NKU?

Congrats to the Weyer family! I was thinking Ben was good enough to go D1 somewhere when I saw him play. But if your thinking about getting a good education to prepare for life then it's not always about getting into the best school athletic-wise. Great decision, great school, great player

Congrats to the Weyer family! I was thinking Ben was good enough to go D1 somewhere when I saw him play. But if your thinking about getting a good education to prepare for life then it's not always about getting into the best school athletic-wise. Great decision, great school, great player

Hands down education wise and setting the foundation for after school there is no doubt Bellarmine has advantages over a considerable number of D1 schools. Also remember that D1 & D2 schools can scholarship to the same degree.

But I will suggest whether you can play D1 or not, Bellarmine is a better school athletic wise than a considerable number of D1 basketball programs. From crowd size, to competition, to championship playing seasons, to coaching, to facilities, to budget, and to creating opportunities to play professional basketball after college. If you stood Bellarmine up to a considerable number of D1 schools they would be a better choice athletic wise as well. Great choice Ben and kudos for not falling for the D1 label trap.

Hands down education wise and setting the foundation for after school there is no doubt Bellarmine has advantages over a considerable number of D1 schools. Also remember that D1 & D2 schools can scholarship to the same degree.

But I will suggest whether you can play D1 or not, Bellarmine is a better school athletic wise than a considerable number of D1 basketball programs. From crowd size, to competition, to championship playing seasons, to coaching, to facilities, to budget, and to creating opportunities to play professional basketball after college. If you stood Bellarmine up to a considerable number of D1 schools they would be a better choice athletic wise as well. Great choice Ben and kudos for not falling for the D1 label trap.

With the withdrawal or NKU's offer did he have a D1 option? According to the recruiting thread, he had lots of interest but only offers from West Liberty, Lee, Lindenwood, and Upike. I love how he picked a great school prior to his senior season. I'm guessing some of those who expressed interest were still waiting to see if they could get the other guy they wanted prior to offering. Its a bit of a game. He pulled the trigger on an offer for a great school with a great basketball program. Huge win for both parties.

• 3 weeks later...
Some will remember '85 NKU grad and basketball player Dan Fleming. His son is a junior PG at LaSalle where Dan coaches and the kid committed to Bellarmine this weekend.

That would be CJ Fleming. He played with the Shining stars that past season.

His older brother Ryan transferred from NKU after his freshman season to Christian Brothers University where he started all but 4 games over the past 3 years and averaged 37.9 minutes per game last year. Great leader like CJ.

Another great addition to Bellarmine.

Some will remember '85 NKU grad and basketball player Dan Fleming. His son is a junior PG at LaSalle where Dan coaches and the kid committed to Bellarmine this weekend.

That would be CJ Fleming. He played with the Shining stars that past season.

His older brother Ryan transferred from NKU after his freshman season to Christian Brothers University where he started all but 4 games over the past 3 years and averaged 37.9 minutes per game last year. Great leader like CJ.

Another great addition to Bellarmine.

CJ is undersized, but has the heart of a lion. Both Weyer and Fleming play extremely hard every time they step on the court. Parents should be proud.