Ben Weyer commits to Bellarmine

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bellarmine did a great job at recruiting Ben and in return they are getting a steal. The staff at Bellarmine made Ben a priority. They did a fantastic job at selling their program - both basketball and academics. They focused on what was important to Ben.

Bellarmine competes at the very top of D2. Play at a level better than the bottom 1/3 of the D1 game. I for one am glad Ben did not get caught up in the D1 hysteria.

Like most have already said this is a great fit for both school and player.

Congrats Benjamin. Have a great senior year.

Bellarmine did a great job at recruiting Ben and in return they are getting a steal. The staff at Bellarmine made Ben a priority. They did a fantastic job at selling their program - both basketball and academics. They focused on what was important to Ben.

Bellarmine competes at the very top of D2. Play at a level better than the bottom 1/3 of the D1 game. I for one am glad Ben did not get caught up in the D1 hysteria.

All of the above says it all and not to mention that the value of a Bellarmine scholarship when you take into account the cost for tuition is probably worth more than most D1 schools. BU is getting their money's worth out of Ben, he will more than deliver during his career there. He will also be set for the future with the top notch education he will have.

I'm going to have to do a search. Seems like I caught some "arrows" for saying Ben would be perfect at BU.

Really happy for him. It speaks well to his decision-making and priorities.

Who else offered to Ben? I think he had to make a difficult choice as a great student and athlete. No doubt in my mind he chose the right school.

Always a good situation when you have great options.

I'm going to have to do a search. Seems like I caught some "arrows" for saying Ben would be perfect at BU.

Really happy for him. It speaks well to his decision-making and priorities.

I thought I remembered that you took some shots when you mentioned that in an earlier thread.

As I have said before D2 is legit in terms of quality basketball and the educational opportunities can be comparable as well.

Very excited for not only Ben but also his family. Ben has put in some serious work over the years and had a great support system to help him achieve his ultimate goal of receiving a free college tuition to further his academics and athletic career.

Looking forward to watching Ben this coming season.

Great school, great area, great academics, great overall environment!

Their home games are almost all sell outs and that place gets loud! The best D2 basketball atmosphere around and better than most D1 schools in the area!! Most road games the places are packed with fans and they are ready for some basketball. Wait till he goes to Drury for a game, awesome place to watch a great brand of basketball!

The smaller sized gyms coupled with rowdy, loud, and energetic fans at almost all the schools makes it a lot of fun. To me it is better than going to a D1 school that is half empty, quiet, cold, and void of energy and enthusiasm! I compare it to playing in the Regional tournament in a high school gym compared to big college arena, but with about 1/4 of the fans in the big arena.