Lafayette 43 Dunbar 21

Did this start at 7:00? How is it already over?

It started at 6 actually. It was the first game of a double-header (Scott-Tates Creek was the capper. Another rout from what I saw.)

Walker Wood really impressed me in person. A bit indecisive but makes up for it with his improvisational skills. Lafayette size was just too much for PLD.

Nate Gay's definitely someone to look out for. I think the PLD sophomore's got a bright future ahead of him. Dunbar could have made it closer but they kept shooting themselves in the foot in red zone situations.

It started at 6 actually. It was the first game of a double-header (Scott-Tates Creek was the capper. Another rout from what I saw.)

Walker Wood really impressed me in person. A bit indecisive but makes up for it with his improvisational skills. Lafayette size was just too much for PLD.

Nate Gay's definitely someone to look out for. I think the PLD sophomore's got a bright future ahead of him. Dunbar could have made it closer but they kept shooting themselves in the foot in red zone situations.

Do you believe Lafayette will compete for a title in 6A this year?

Do you believe Lafayette will compete for a title in 6A this year?

I'm not willing to say yes or no outright based on one game and having not seen Trinity/St. X/teams of those ilk in person, but I think they've certainly got the talent to make a deep run. Gonna need those junior skill guys to play a big role if it's going to happen.

I'm not willing to say yes or no outright based on one game and having not seen Trinity/St. X/teams of those ilk in person, but I think they've certainly got the talent to make a deep run. Gonna need those junior skill guys to play a big role if it's going to happen.

I hear you.

We never know exactly what we are seeing after just one or two games.

I would love to see Lafayette crank it up this year, we need some Lexington Power in 6A.

I hear you.

We never know exactly what we are seeing after just one or two games.

I would love to see Lafayette crank it up this year, we need some Lexington Power in 6A.

It'd certainly be cool to see some local teams make it interesting this season.

^ Local being Lexington for KentuckyJam.

For theguru I would like to see Lexington as a whole get it in gear when it comes to 6A Football.

We know T and Male will fight the Battle of Louisville and Ryle may have something cooking in NKY. It is shaping up to be a fun year.

^ Local being Lexington for KentuckyJam.

For theguru I would like to see Lexington as a whole get it in gear when it comes to 6A Football.

We know T and Male will fight the Battle of Louisville and Ryle may have something cooking in NKY. It is shaping up to be a fun year.

Ryle? I think Cooper has something to say about that.

Lafayette and Scott County play on September 18 in a game that should give a little better indication of what to expect from Region IV in Class 6A. Whoever wins that region will play one of the northern Kentucky schools in the state semifinals (Cooper, Ryle, Simon Kenton). The path to Bowling Green is certainly more appealing for the eastern schools in the 6A bracket, but it will be interesting to see how they will match up with teams like Trinity, Male, Manual, or St. X.