Quentin Goodin Commits to Xavier

The same way they have the last 2 years! Don't really understand what you meant by your comment?

We already know Sloan is strong at the PG spot, and last year they had Morgeson in that mix as well along with Goodin. Will Gatewood give Goodin the majority of the PG minutes to help him prepare for college? Sloan has already proven his mettle at the position and could stand to add other tools to his game to help his college stock.

Something tells me that the TC fan mob, with the pressure they'll be putting on the team and coaches this year, won't like too much experimenting if it leads to a few stray losses they weren't anticipating. Just my thoughts as a neutral 5th Region observer.

We already know Sloan is strong at the PG spot, and last year they had Morgeson in that mix as well along with Goodin. Will Gatewood give Goodin the majority of the PG minutes to help him prepare for college? Sloan has already proven his mettle at the position and could stand to add other tools to his game to help his college stock.

Something tells me that the TC fan mob, with the pressure they'll be putting on the team and coaches this year, won't like too much experimenting if it leads to a few stray losses they weren't anticipating. Just my thoughts as a neutral 5th Region observer.

This actually is an interesting situation that is more common than one would think when there are multiple college prospects on a single team. For the most part, any kid under 6'3" is typically going to be groomed to be a PG to play at the D1 level. Parents who believe their kid is a D1 prospect push to have their kids playing their natural college position and you can hardly blame them. For a HS coach that typically has few kids 6'4" or taller it becomes a tough act to make everyone happy and define roles for your team that everyone buys into. You end up with a team that quite a few kids want to be the PG.

This actually is an interesting situation that is more common than one would think when there are multiple college prospects on a single team. For the most part, any kid under 6'3" is typically going to be groomed to be a PG to play at the D1 level. Parents who believe their kid is a D1 prospect push to have their kids playing their natural college position and you can hardly blame them. For a HS coach that typically has few kids 6'4" or taller it becomes a tough act to make everyone happy and define roles for your team that everyone buys into. You end up with a team that quite a few kids want to be the PG.

Sounds like AAU ball too.

Sounds like AAU ball too.

Yes that always is a problem but at least travel teams that can be more selective can try to assemble their team with that situation in mind. You have to go into your roster assembly with the knowledge that you are asking for problems when you pack a bunch of the same position players into the mix. I guess the combo guard profile helps coaches sell more guys on being able to gain PG experience and still also play off the ball.

He will definitely get the majority at PG, he's been playing that position his whole life, but Sloan handles the ball a lot too! But I believe they will do exactly what they did last year!