Russell Wilson signs new contract

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd highest paid is what I read. Little less than 22 million a year which is in line with some of the others in that range. Maybe a touch high but not ridiculously out of range. What kind of skews the number is guys like Manning and Brady have low per year average salaries.

I'll be the one: o-ver-ra-ted.

Dude has the baddest dude on the block in the back-field and a world class defense (for now, those contracts / egos are going to be an issue in a minute).

Seen this quote on reddit about Russell. He is the most underrated overrated player in the NFL. I think he's a top 15 QB, but how many other QB's could you fit into that team and they win like they do now?

If he is so overrated, I would trade him straight up for Dalton.

I wonder if Peyton played for Seahawks if people would say he is overrated because of his RB and defense.

You're comparing one of the top QBs of all time to a 5'11" QB asked to throw it about 15-20 times a game? Makes perfect sense.

Come on HB, that analogy is broken.

He deserves a lot of money for what he has accomplished but he should not be in the top couple players in the league pay wise. I am with Guru on this. See if the Hawks can keep playing at the same level when they start losing guys due to cap issues...

Russell isn't the best QB in the league, but he has a Super Bowl and he's been criminally underpaid over the last few years. I'm not mad about the deal. Glad it's done, so they can start working on Bobby Wagner.

I'm more upset about guys like Michael Bennett and Kam Chancellor threatening holdouts with 3+ years left on their deals.

He deserves a lot of money for what he has accomplished but he should not be in the top couple players in the league pay wise. I am with Guru on this. See if the Hawks can keep playing at the same level when they start losing guys due to cap issues...

They have the majority of the top guys locked up through 2017. Things will surely change, but I was told there was no way they'd keep Wilson, Thomas, Sherman, Chancellor, Lynch, etc. together after those rookie deals starting expiring. But they pulled that off.

The key is to keep drafting well. Constantly trading your 1st round pick will likely catch up eventually. But John Schneider makes his money in the later rounds.

I'm not a Seahawks homer. I rarely venture into these threads. Just seems like the same criticisms have been there for years, but the core has stayed together. And while it's frustrating that guys with multiple years left are causing a ruckus behind the scenes, I think it'll work out in the end.

They have the majority of the top guys locked up through 2017. Things will surely change, but I was told there was no way they'd keep Wilson, Thomas, Sherman, Chancellor, Lynch, etc. together after those rookie deals starting expiring. But they pulled that off.

The key is to keep drafting well. Constantly trading your 1st round pick will likely catch up eventually. But John Schneider makes his money in the later rounds.

I'm not a Seahawks homer. I rarely venture into these threads. Just seems like the same criticisms have been there for years, but the core has stayed together. And while it's frustrating that guys with multiple years left are causing a ruckus behind the scenes, I think it'll work out in the end.

The Seahawks have obviously done a great job drafting, almost too good. But that is my point, these things have a way of balancing out come pay time and I am glad to see it. Parity in the NFL is a good thing.

The Seahawks have obviously done a great job drafting, almost too good. But that is my point, these things have a way of balancing out come pay time and I am glad to see it. Parity in the NFL is a good thing.

You're absolutely right. But they've already paid the best players and have them locked up for at least the next few years. They've managed to do that while also acquiring Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett as key free agency signings.

They have managed to keep the stars, at least. It's the second tier with losing guys like Maxwell and Thurmond that may prove costly down the line... But that's where the focus of the drafting has been. It's a wait and see.