August 1, 201511 yr Author You're comparing one of the top QBs of all time to a 5'11" QB asked to throw it about 15-20 times a game? Makes perfect sense. Come on HB, that analogy is broken. The point I was making is it is that if everyone is talking about the team having the best RB and defense as to say Russell is overrated then no matter what qb you have back there would also be overrated according to some. Russell in 3 years has gotten them to the SB twice and won one. Not sure what more you all want from a QB.
August 1, 201511 yr Jags drafted a punter 5 picks before Wilson was drafted. Stop it. They also drafted Blaine Gabbert before JJ Watt. To be fair nobody, including the other 31 teams expected this out of him.
August 1, 201511 yr Jags drafted a punter 5 picks before Wilson was drafted. Thankfully this lead to the firing of one of the worst GM's in NFL history.
August 1, 201511 yr .... I'll be the one: o-ver-ra-ted. Dude has the baddest dude on the block in the back-field and a world class defense (for now, those contracts / egos are going to be an issue in a minute). I'm with you but , like Dalton, they probably are saying "what are our options at QB if we don't re-sign him?"
August 1, 201511 yr The point I was making is it is that if everyone is talking about the team having the best RB and defense as to say Russell is overrated then no matter what qb you have back there would also be overrated according to some. Russell in 3 years has gotten them to the SB twice and won one. Not sure what more you all want from a QB. Can't disagree with you. At the end of the day you may have a very talented team but if your qb doesn't make plays when it counts in big games such as the playoffs then you won't win. Which is the Bengals problem they have a qb who can make the plays in big games. Even with a great defense and running game the Seahawks needed their qb to make plays in order to still win. I don't think he is worth the 20 plus million he is getting now, however Wilson definitely was underpaid until now so I guess it makes up for it.
August 2, 201511 yr Author I'm with you but , like Dalton, they probably are saying "what are our options at QB if we don't re-sign him?" You can't compare Dalton to Russell. Not even in the same league. Rember 2 and 3 years ago when the Bengals supposedly had the most talented team in the league? Well Russell Wilson in that same time frame took his team to 2 SB's and a NFCCG. Dalton lost those games in the post season, Wilson didn't. Now ow you can talk about Wilson having the players around him but so did Dalton and Dalton stunk it up in the post season. AJ McCaron is an option for us.
August 2, 201511 yr You can't compare Dalton to Russell. Not even in the same league. Rember 2 and 3 years ago when the Bengals supposedly had the most talented team in the league? Well Russell Wilson in that same time frame took his team to 2 SB's and a NFCCG. Dalton lost those games in the post season, Wilson didn't. Now ow you can talk about Wilson having the players around him but so did Dalton and Dalton stunk it up in the post season. AJ McCaron is an option for us. I completely agree with you! The talent has been there, however the Seahawks have a QB who can make plays when it matters and make the throws when it matters, while the Bengals have a QB that can't do that. If you switch Dalton and Wilson, I won't say the Bengals would have won a super bowl but I would be confident that they would have won a playoff game. While if you put Dalton on the Seahawks I think they do what the Bengals have done and that would be have first round exits. I am all for giving AJ McCarron a chance. Yes there is a possibility that he could suck and they do horrible. However the Bengals have the talent now, and I believe 14 starters are free agents after this year. So I don't want to waste another year when we do know what we have with Dalton. Take a chance with McCarron and see what happens. It could completely back fire, or it could be the thing that gets them over the hump. It is worth taking that chance now.
August 3, 201511 yr ... Is Russell Wilson an Elite NFL Quarterback? Sports news factory's blog :: Russell Wilson - The most overrated game manager in the NFL Russell Wilson isn't yet an elite QB - ABC News This one is really good -- and the points are simple and clear. Seahawks' Russell Wilson is overrated
August 3, 201511 yr Seattle is about to implode IMO. Way too many characters on that team. No way they'll go about their business quietly when they have no money to pay these guys now.
August 3, 201511 yr Tom Brady Big Ben Joe Flacco Andrew Luck Philip Rivers Alex Smith Peyton Manning Eli Manning Tony Romo Matt Stafford Aaron Rodgers Drew Brees Matt Ryan I'd venture all of those guys could do what Wilson has with the team he's got. JMO. No way should he be paid anything close to that.
August 3, 201511 yr Tom Brady Big Ben Joe Flacco Andrew Luck Philip Rivers Alex Smith Peyton Manning Eli Manning Tony Romo Matt Stafford Aaron Rodgers Drew Brees Matt Ryan I'd venture all of those guys could do what Wilson has with the team he's got. JMO. No way should he be paid anything close to that. With the exception of Alex Smith (was that included as a joke to see if we were paying attention, if so, what do I win?), for sure he is behind those guys. He is a fantastic leader (I assume), he is heady and bright, he must have TREMENDOUS will power off the field, and outside of the pocket he is dangerous and makes good decisions. Beyond that, and as a pocket passer, very average.
August 4, 201511 yr Author Tom Brady Big Ben Joe Flacco Andrew Luck Philip Rivers Alex Smith Peyton Manning Eli Manning Tony Romo Matt Stafford Aaron Rodgers Drew Brees Matt Ryan I'd venture all of those guys could do what Wilson has with the team he's got. JMO. No way should he be paid anything close to that. ????? I don't know what you and Mentsch have against him but he isn't nearly as bad as you all claim. Just look at his career numbers. He only has 1 year where he threw 10 Ints. The other two are single digit int's. The 10 int year was his first year. He has thrown at least 20 TD's every season and he has a career QB rating of 98.6!!!! Come on people. He isn't bad or overrated. He has gotten his team to the NFCCG every single year he has been in the league. Just for for a comparison to your boy, Wilson has 4 less Int's than Tom Brady over the same time span. Wilson also has a better rating than Brady in all 3 years and has also a higher completion % than Brady every year. I really don't understand the overrated talk. He just wins. Yet he doesn't deserve what he's getting? If that is the case then everyone on your list needs to give back the money they are making.
August 4, 201511 yr Just for for a comparison to your boy, Wilson has 4 less Int's than Tom Brady over the same time span. . In the last 3 seasons I think Wilson has 2 less than Brady. That's impressive until you ignore the fact that Brady has thrown 600 more passes in those 3 years.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.