RIP Craig Mullins

LionEagle

Craig Mullins passed away this morning after a long hard fought battle with lung cancer. Coach Mullins was currently the Offensive Coordinator and QB Coach at Morehead State University. He was formerly on the staff at Georgetown College where he also played and won a national champoinship there as the QB in 1991. In addition to his achievements on the field, Coach Mullins was a great man, husband, and father. Rest easy, Coach.

I played for Coach Mullins at Georgetown. He was a great coach, and an even better person. I am extremely thankful that I got the opportunity to play for him and learn from him. It's a sad day for the Tiger community. Please keep his wife Heidi, and his sons Cade and Coy in your prayers. Tiger Pride!

Incredibly sad news. Having grown up in Boone County, I knew Craig well when we were kids and through High School. Such a fun group of guys from back in the day with Craig, the Westhoffs, Scott "Tweety" Schwartz, Greg Ashcraft, Chris Walker, Craig Jordan, Gary Willis, Dave Trosper and many, many others.

I hope his sons and his wife are doing okay, just too darn young to lose someone; but yet it seems to be happening more and more often.

Never delay telling those in your life how much you love and care about them.

My son just graduated from GT this past Saturday, he was recurited and played for Craig.I worked with his dad for 7 years and new Craig when he was 8 years old and was able to see the man he had become. I admired him and appreciated the role model he represented to my son. He is a man you just can't say enough good things about. He will be greatly missed. Prayers for his family.

My son plays for MSU on the def side of the ball and had some of the nicest things to say about coach. We got a text message from him at 5:00 am Sunday morning saying he had been there all night. He said he was a great man and coach who would give you his shirt off his back if you asked for it. He will be missed!!!!!!