Austin Crawford to Pendleton County?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To play for Hinson would be a bonus for him in my opinion. He knows how to coach a scorer and get him shots (Bach) for example. Hinson is excited about the younger kids coming up 3rd-8th graders. He will do a great job, the place means alot to him, his wife and himself graduated from Bracken. Home run hire, and I think it keeps Crawford at Bracken. The hire they make at Mason will be key to the success of the district.

3nd,4th or 5th grade?? Now I have seen everything. Did not know we are looking that far down the road!

Never too early to start building a succesful program! I think its great to have you varsity coach willing to work with the elementery and middle schoolers works out for all involved. The kids knows what is expected from coach, and coach can help mold and develope these kids at a young age.

When you have your own in those grades makes it an awesome experience. I have heard that coaching your own can be tough but a special experience. I think he has a couple boys in elementary school. I have seen them at games with him. Coach Hinson as I stated before home run hire for Bracken and their future. Getting to work for Chad is also a bonus!

I don't know anything about the validity of this rumor but I do know the family and I'm sure they'll do what is in Austin's best interest. Been there, done that and it's a tough judgement for any family to make. Good luck to him whatever happens.

I don't know anything about the validity of this rumor but I do know the family and I'm sure they'll do what is in Austin's best interest. Been there, done that and it's a tough judgement for any family to make. Good luck to him whatever happens.

So the family is mum on this subject ?

So the family is mum on this subject ?

I just know the family but not well enough for them to confide anything in me. I'd be happy to help them if they asked and things like this are never as black & white as they seem. It's about more than basketball if you're considering this; academics, cultural and social issues all come into play. As parents you try to analyze all the information you can gather, compare it and decide but it's not an exact science. IMO, lots of prayer and reflection never hurts.

I feel his numbers will see a decline with all the other talent at Pendleton if he chooses to go there. I guess it depends on what matters to him and his family. Coach Belcher is a great coach and while it would be a good problem to have its still would be a problem to have all those scorers on the same team, and trying to keep all those scorers happy. I feel he should stay put at Bracken where he already holds the scoring record at that school, and could just add to his legacy there. Coach Hinson can get him where he wants to go if everyone shows a little patience.

If he goes to Pendleton it puts them just behind Campbell in the pre season top spot in the region. If he stays at Bracken then it puts the Polar Bears in the top 5 discussion.