Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wisconsin 71 Kentucky 64

Featured Replies

Question for everyone. I don't put the game on the officials because UK had that game won and didn't execute at the end. However ...

 

The basket by Hayes on the shot clock violation ... can anyone recall a more obvious clear blunder by officials in a big game moment?

 

That really wasn't even close. Hayes was just catching the rebound when the shot clock went off.

 

Wisconsin fans might say the missed flagrant on Lyles :lol2:

  • Replies 240
  • Views 36.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Biggest thing to hurt the Wildcats down the stretch IMO.

 

Just wish we knew if they were running plays during those sets or free playing. I will never doubt Cal, I love him. But a team with a system who can score is gonna take him down a lot.

Wisconsin fans might say the missed flagrant on Lyles :lol2:

 

No doubt they would have, especially if they lost.

I hope you're right, but Duke has played the best the entire tourney and deffinatly looks the best. Even said that during their practices yesterday. I don't see Duke having much of a problem.

 

Also congrats to GrizzlyAdams who now gets to go to the championship game to watch his Dukies. I told him I'd sell my tickets if UK didn't make it. I didn't have a good feeling this entire week about this one.

 

 

Duke is playing well but they haven't faced nearly the same level of competition.

admittedly I haven't read a single post in the thread yet, so I may be jumping into a discussion that's already been beat to death, but a few quick takes.

 

I said in the Notre Dame thread, you get what you get with the Harrison's. Good and bad.

 

Lack of any semblance of offense killed UK down the stretch. You get paid $5 million a year to run low 1-4, that's a good gig if you can get it. Cal has 5 NBA guys on the floor and kept putting the ball in the two worst prospects hands and said "go make a play," That's the best we can come up with?

 

How come "hero ball" was such a bad thing for Towns at times this year (Cal's words) and tonight he begged the Harrison's to play "hero ball." I don't get it.

 

Numerous chances with a 4 point lead, and air balls and forced shots were all they could get.

 

You get what you get with Cal as well. In game coaching is a weakness, it cost them tonight. I'll say 15 coaches win the national title with UK this year, they may not have entered tonight unbeaten, but that many would have won the title with what UK has.

 

And for those who follow recruiting like it is the be-all-and-end-all. UK had 9 McD's all-americans tonight, Wisconsin had 0. So there's that.

 

Vent finished. I'll now go back and read the other posts.

Just wish we knew if they were running plays during those sets or free playing. I will never doubt Cal, I love him. But a team with a system who can score is gonna take him down a lot.

 

No doubt.

Do the Harrisons come back? This could be interesting next year as well. KAT and Willie are gone IMO. It will be interesting to see if Lyles and Booker stay. I'm almost counting on Poythress to return

I think people will be surprised with NBA decisions. I could see as many as 7 players leaving.

People really think it was Andrew Harrison masterminding going 1-4 flat? He just ignored what Cal called and went rouge on 4 straight trips? Get the hell outta here...

All of them missed it too, the red light lighting up the backboard, what are the odds?

 

The light doesn't come on when the shot clock goes off. There's some still pictures of it online. It just shows zero on the top of the backboard.

I think people will be surprised with NBA decisions. I could see as many as 7 players leaving.

 

That would be disappointing.

I think people will be surprised with NBA decisions. I could see as many as 7 players leaving.

 

Not me (being surprised). In the other thread I said only Ulis, Poythress, Lee, Hawkins and Willis come back.

I think people will be surprised with NBA decisions. I could see as many as 7 players leaving.

 

KAT, WCS, Twins, Booker and Lyles are as good as gone. Can't see Ulis, Dakari or Lee leaving with Poythress coming back. Dakari would be the ultimate horrible decision if he goes...

Put as much blame on Cal for taking the air out of the ball as you feel necessary. Won't argue there one bit.

 

Still, I'll contend the game was won by the Wisky offense abusing a poor strategy by Cal and cleaning up the offensive glass when they missed. Those were 30-35 minute issues, not 2-4 minute lapses...

 

One thing to have a plan, another to execute. Bo Ryan with a week to prepare and talent that is in the vicinity of UK and Coach Cal. Bo Ryan wins way more than he loses in that situation.

People really think it was Andrew Harrison masterminding going 1-4 flat? He just ignored what Cal called and went rouge on 4 straight trips? Get the hell outta here...

 

Ryan won tonight. No question.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.