Wisconsin 71 Kentucky 64

16thBBall Fan

KAT, WCS, Twins, Booker and Lyles are as good as gone. Can't see Ulis, Dakari or Lee leaving with Poythress coming back. Dakari would be the ultimate horrible decision if he goes...

Booker all but said he's gone at the SEC Tournament. I can't recall the exact quote but my feeling is that he's gone. I think Towns, WCS and the twins have been gone the entire season. I honestly think Lyles will leave too.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Question for everyone. I don't put the game on the officials because UK had that game won and didn't execute at the end. However ...

The basket by Hayes on the shot clock violation ... can anyone recall a more obvious clear blunder by officials in a big game moment?

That really wasn't even close. Hayes was just catching the rebound when the shot clock went off.

They were given 4 pts off of big officiating mistakes. That one and the one in the first half where the WI player came in from out of bounds to score after UK couldn't get the rebound. He had to establish homself

in bounds before touching the ball. The announcers even called it.

They were given 4 pts off of officials blunders. But they were bad both ways. Lyles should have had a flagrant 1.

First of all, I tip my cap to coach Bo Ryan and his Wisconsin team. The Badgers made the plays that they had to make, played great team ball and were exceptionally good on the defensive game along with rebounding. Wisconsin owned us on our offensive glass, especially in the first half. Bottom line was that they executed and U.K. didn't, especially in the last 5 minutes. Bo Ryan is a Great coach. Actually, outside of Coach Cal, Ryan is my favorite coach in the country.

Now as for our Wildcats in this game .....I believe that the stretch starting with around the 5 min. mark, U.K. had fought back and had built a 4 point lead. Five consecutive possessions went by with Zero points, three shot clock violations. That was the basketball game. Yes, the Cats certainly could have played better but I give Wisconsin their due. the Badgers just flat out played U.K. tonight. Another Huge number to me was 12 .....Wisconsin out rebounded / owned the Cats on the boards.

I Still Believe That U.K. is a Better basketball team than Wisconsin but the Cats sure weren't tonight .......No excuses/ we got beat.

What a Great ride this season was. I am as proud to be a U.K. fan right now as I was before the game. A Personal Thank You to the Kentucky Basketball Team and Coach Calapari. This team accomplished things this season that had never been done before at U.K. as well as in the Nation.

I wanted 40-0 Bad like the rest of the UK Fans, I am as hurt and disappointed as anyone that the Cats lost and didn't get National Title # 9.

Having said that I am and always will be a U.K. Basketball Fan and I am proud of this 38-1 Wildcat team !

Edited by oldrambler

One thing to have a plan, another to execute. Bo Ryan with a week to prepare and talent that is in the vicinity of UK and Coach Cal. Bo Ryan wins way more than he loses in that situation.

One thing to have a plan. Another to scrap it when the opponent is isolating every weakness and attacking it relentlessly. That works both ways...

Booker all but said he's gone at the SEC Tournament. I can't recall the exact quote but my feeling is that he's gone. I think Towns, WCS and the twins have been gone the entire season. I honestly think Lyles will leave too.

Lyles has never had any intention of playing more than 1 year. I highly doubt that changes...

They were given 4 pts off of big officiating mistakes. That one and the one in the first half where the WI player came in from out of bounds to score after UK couldn't get the rebound. He had to establish homself

in bounds before touching the ball. The announcers even called it.

They were given 4 pts off of officials blunders. But they were bad both ways. Lyles should have had a flagrant 1.

:thumb: I agree that there were bad calls that cost the Cats and I don't believe in any way that officials cost UK the game. I know that the Cats got a few calls in the U.K. Favor as well. they imo pretty much evened out. As you said, Lyles could have been called on an F1 foul and wasn't.

Edited by oldrambler

As for anyone blaming Cal for costing the Cats this game, personally think that's just nonsense. The man takes a team to another final four (and four in five years), blends another team in to a "Team", having them sacrifice their own stardom for the benefit of the team - only this group Wins 38 Consecutive games, ending up 38-1.

Everyone is got their own opinion and that's fine, I respect it. I just think that the coach is far to often an "easy out" to blame (and that's at All levels of ball, h.s., ncaa, nba, etc..) when the actual reason is that their (fans) team just flat got beat, outplayed. That's JMO.

@GoodmanESPN: Kentucky players said the plan was to get Towns the ball down the stretch. Instead, Harrison Twins tried to take over.

That doesn't surprise me at all

if that is the truth. They did the same things last year too when UK was losing games. It was when they finally realiEd they have teammates on the court that the Cats played the best.