Wisconsin 71 Kentucky 64

16thBBall Fan

2010, 2012, and 2015 should have won. Other than that, they had good, young talent and no depth.

He gets too much criticism. Too many people think its easy to win with freshman. The Fab 5 were famous because of what they accomplished as freshman,, yet they still never won a title. Cal year in and year out basically has a fab 5 type of team and has even won a title with a lot of freshman yet he is still ridiculed. The hypocriscy of his detractors is amazing.

He has basically had 1 season each year to build an entirely different team yet still made 4 final 4's in the last 5 years. Could you all imagine what he could do if his kids had to stay 3 years? I will never understand the double standard given by some people. Coach K is given props for his one and done team this year and Cal is criticized for having one and dones.

Never made sense to me.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wisconsin won it but the officiating was at a season low. Sure they missed a brush of to the face but that shot clock call to be missed by all the officials...

Dag gone it every time those Cats lose "it is the officials fault." Wish we could get the same one's that are at Rupp all the time.....hahahaha. Your all Americans just got out played and out coached, and while being undefeated at 38+0 going in is great-here is really what this team will be remembered for- NOT WINNING IT ALL. That is when you will hear about the 2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats in the future. Write it down.

Let the comebacks begin.

Early morning musing. When we moved to VA in 1991, we were Kentuckians in a new world. Though old Virginia is my home, KY will always be my roots. There are two things that always allowed me both pride and a touchstone to my heritage: KY Derby and KY basketball. I still cry when I hear "My Old Kentucky Home." I still hold great pride in UK basketball. I watch a game and I'm connected to my Dad and my Godfather and my Grandfather again. So if I take the games too seriously, and I do, forgive me. I watch them with what the Hebrews writer would describe as: "A great cloud of witnesses." So please forgive my "disappointment" in the ending to another season. It was special watching this group of kids play as a team and give their heart and soul to the Commonwealth.

Congratulations to the Cats on an enviable and outstanding season!

My only comment about the game is that sometimes, experience absolutely matters. And I think this game came down to that. In the end, superior athleticism didn't rule, and some questionable decisions were made. Nothing to be upset about, it is what it is and that's why the games are played.

I'm sure Kentucky fans will have just as much to be excited about next season.

And...with the nice words said to Kentucky fans, I MUST end with GO CARDS!

:D

I have edited this thread for numerous violations of Rule #8

8. Any attempt to use or suggest profanity is prohibited. This means you may not use symbols to replace some or all of the letters in a word that might otherwise be blocked by the BGP word filter. Any attempt to circumvent the word filter with general abbreviations or text message abbreviations will also be considered a violation under this rule.

And rule #14

14. If you repost or quote content that is against the rules, you are similarly as guilty, and face the identical consequences as the member who originated it.

This will be the only warning. The next violation(s) will result in this thread being closed.

I was in Indy last night for it and well this completely just sucks. Its not UK played that bad of a game either, we shot the ball well and even defensively I thought they played well except Wisconsin was able to make a lot of shots that most teams missed against UK. It wasn't UK's best game but it wasn't a bad game either by UK. Wisconsin though played great and made the plays when they had to. So congrats to Wisconsin!

It was a great run, but this loss stings more than any I can remember. Hats off to the badgers though, they played great. As a fan the loss hurts, but I feel really bad for the kids, I can't imagine how they feel.

Officiating was terrible, as usual for everyone this season, but it wasnt one sided by any means. What cost Kentucky this game in my opinion was the stall ball at the end of the game. They had momentum on their side and elected not to use it to their advantage. What a fun team this was to watch, I'm gonna miss those kids.

I enjoyed UW's offense. They really force you to pick your poison. Killed the guards with penetration and on the high ball screens. As others have stated the switching by UK made WCS ineffective defensively.

Been off the grid for a while, but my thoughts on why UK lost:

1) Bigs as a group were soft. Getting out rebounded is one thing, but getting dominated on the boards is inexcusable for a team with this size.

2) Cal laid an egg. Took his foot off the gas too early. If you're up 10, fine. But up 4 with 5ish minutes left? No way. Wisconsin was on their heels & UK was playing well. Just as I thought Cal way out-coached Mike Brey in the Elite 8, I think Bo Ryan way out-coached him in the Final Four. It happens.

3) Wisconsin took advantage of mismatches throughout the game that came about by UK switching everything on defense.

While I'm disappointed as a UK fan, I have felt all year that Duke & UK were the two best teams, with Wisconsin next. I still feel that way even though UK lost, but Wisconsin won when they needed to. Very good win for them.