Wisconsin 71 Kentucky 64

16thBBall Fan

I will say that Cal does suprise me at times with some of the dumb stuff he says (Pitino does the same thing) Was I correct in hearing that UK claim they never watched film to prepare for the Badgers? If this is true - then it explains why the Badgers did what they wanted too on offense.

The coaches watch film. They never show much film to players.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I enjoyed UW's offense. They really force you to pick your poison. Killed the guards with penetration and on the high ball screens. As others have stated the switching by UK made WCS ineffective defensively.

Not to mention they shot fake everything. They knew that UK would jump to block their shot. It happened at the start of both halves and they were able to penetrate. UK stayed on their feet, and they took the lead as the halves wore on.

This is on Cal. Four point lead four consecutive possessions and didn't get a good shot. That's terrible coaching.

This game is on Cal. Plain and simple. Awful job down the stretch. Didn't give the kids a chance to finish the game.

Cal showed why he is no HOF'er ; WCS showed why he is clearly no ALL-American!

Cal showed why he is no HOF'er ; WCS showed why he is clearly no ALL-American!

Wrong on both counts.

Cal did make the HOF and WCS did make all American.

I'm not saying this about you, but about most I have heard say that about WCS, People who say WCS didn't deserve all American know very little about basketball. He made

ot for his defense. I know some think offense is the only thing that matters but those are usually the ones who are casual watchers of

the game and don't realize that defense is a big part of the game also and WCS is a main reason this team was the best defensive team in the nation.

I just have a feeling after watching them play the last 2 years that the Harrison twins were

more about themselves than the team. Saturday's game wasn't close to being the first time with both on the floor toward the end of games they played as if they were the only 2 on the court.

Personally i thank them for their time here but won't miss them as they move on.

The times the offense played best was when one was on the bench and the other was in. Together they wouldn't give it to anyone else

The times the offense played best was when one was on the bench and the other was in. Together they wouldn't give it to anyone else

That is right, and the same issues I had with them in games last year. For some reason their egos wouldn't let anyone else be the hero. Just frustrating when we had the 4 pt lead and even after the first 2 clock violations they still kept their 4 pt lead and still Andrew wouldn't even attempt to get the ball to anyone inside. I was going nuts. He should have been yanked and Ulis put in or even yank Aaron and put Ulis in, just so Ulis could run point. There are a lot of Harrison twin apologists and I work with one of the biggest and when I asked him what he thought he said it was the twins that kept us in it the first half, I asked him what he thought about the last 5 mins and he still refused to say Andrew had anything to do with the squandered lead. Some just won't even let their eyes betray the twins even if they witness what the rest of us saw.

That is right, and the same issues I had with them in games last year. For some reason their egos wouldn't let anyone else be the hero. Just frustrating when we had the 4 pt lead and even after the first 2 clock violations they still kept their 4 pt lead and still Andrew wouldn't even attempt to get the ball to anyone inside. I was going nuts. He should have been yanked and Ulis put in or even yank Aaron and put Ulis in, just so Ulis could run point. There are a lot of Harrison twin apologists and I work with one of the biggest and when I asked him what he thought he said it was the twins that kept us in it the first half, I asked him what he thought about the last 5 mins and he still refused to say Andrew had anything to do with the squandered lead. Some just won't even let their eyes betray the twins even if they witness what the rest of us saw.

Love them or hate them, the Twins delivered more than they took away from the teams the past two seasons. When you needed them the most, they were generally there. I can't fully blame what happened down the stretch on Andrew. I assure you he doesn't call the shots on the court. A play was called, it was defended, they unwisely/uncharacteristically panicked and ran the clear-out for Andrew in more of a 1-4 look. The week before against Notre Dame with a little more action it worked perfectly. Let's not over think this. You could tell it was going south with 15 seconds on the shot clock. I wish Coach Cal would have called a timeout on either of those possessions.

Wrong on both counts.

Cal did make the HOF and WCS did make all American.

I'm not saying this about you, but about most I have heard say that about WCS, People who say WCS didn't deserve all American know very little about basketball. He made

ot for his defense. I know some think offense is the only thing that matters but those are usually the ones who are casual watchers of

the game and don't realize that defense is a big part of the game also and WCS is a main reason this team was the best defensive team in the nation.

I know Cal made the HOF. I said he's no HOF in-game coach IMO. I know WCS was named All-American. I said he's no AA in my book. He disappears too often and his mind wanders in outer space somewhere along with Joey Votto's. Both Cal and Cauley-Stein were awful in every respect against Wisconsin.