Wisconsin 71 Kentucky 64

16thBBall Fan

I don't understand why the guards didn't drive the ball more. They settled for way to many jumpers. If they could get past the defender on the peremeter no one could stop them. The we're so worried about not fouling, no one ever moved over

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You make some fair points. I'd be more than willing to go with "one of the best teams not to win a championship". Can't go "one of the greatest of all time". It will be interesting to hear the talking heads debate this one.

I can agree to that.

I would agree with your first statement if they didn't play anyone this year but they did play some of the top teams right off the bat when they played Kansas, UNC, and Louisville to name just a few and their last win was against the team that beat Duke twice, and Duke will probably win it all this year.

They had more pressure on them than I could even imagine. A lot of UK haters who with every game that number conti used to build. Every team was out for them. Im just thankful I got to enjoy the ride this year. It was a fun one.

I think people are disappointed and are trying to rationalize this loss by blaming Cal. Once they give it a few days they won't be as strong minded. There were times during the season he won the game for UK. He had a bad game, all coaches do.

Oh, I agree. But that's not me. Like I said, not that big of a Calipari fan and I think he gets exposed at times but he's able to recruit such incredible talent it just goes unnoticed a lot, jmo.

I don't understand why the guards didn't drive the ball more. They settled for way to many jumpers. If they could get past the defender on the peremeter no one could stop them. The we're so worried about not fouling, no one ever moved over

It was reported by ESPN that Cal told them to get the ball underneath to Towns down the stretch when UK built their 4 pt lead but the Harrison's decided to try and win the game themselves. Andrew had as much of a part in losing that game once they fought back to get the lead as anyone else. His 3 consecutive shot clock violations by holding onto the ball too long without running the offense killed any chance of them winning. I hold Cal and Andrew for the loss more than anyone else. Cal should have subbed Andrew out and put Ulis in during that time. No one has run the offense better this year than Ulis at PG.

Oh, I agree. But that's not me. Like I said, not that big of a Calipari fan and I think he gets exposed at times but he's able to recruit such incredible talent it just goes unnoticed a lot, jmo.

He gets teams to the Final Four constantly here. Coach K can't even do that, and he's the best coach in the game.

It was reported by ESPN that Cal told them to get the ball underneath to Towns down the stretch when UK built their 4 pt lead but the Harrison's decided to try and win the game themselves. Andrew had as much of a part in losing that game once they fought back to get the lead as anyone else. I hold Cal and Andrew for the loss more than anyone else. Cal should have subbed Andrew out and put Ulis in during that time. No one has run the offense better this year than Ulis at PG.

Agree he probably should have. But Andrew at times was unstoppable last night and the best player on the court. Also add in the fact he usually performs well under pressure is probably the reason he never was taken out.

He gets teams to the Final Four constantly here. Coach K can't even do that, and he's the best coach in the game.

Not sure "K" had as much talent on teams at one time as UK has had during Calipari's tenure, I could be wrong. We all have our opinions. I respect yours.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Coach K has been knocked out in the first round twice in the last 3 years yet you never hear the type of criticism Cal receives. For those who say Cal always gets the best players, well that used to be Coach K's teams year after year and he was never held accountable for bad tournament finishes. Cal gets way too much criticism and it comes mostly out of pure jealousy.

4 final 4's in the last 5 years. Can't argue with that kind of success.

Not sure "K" had as much talent on a team at one time as this one has had during Calipari's tenure, I could be wrong. We all have our opinions. I respect yours.

Coach K has had a ton of #1 recruiting classes.

Now to be fair this years UK team had a ton of talent, probably the deepest ever, that does not mean they had the best players though. Just like the NFL talk the last few years about the Bengals having the most talent in the league does not translate to the best players...big difference and I think many confuse the two meanings.

This year for instance,Duke starts more Freshman than UK, yet it's Cal and UK that is always labeled the one and done's. Just an unfair assessment of the team in my opinion.

I will say, Cal needs to get a really dominant point guard in this class. I know Andrew was supposed to be that, but he has his struggles. It's been a while since we've seen great point guard play at UK

The same coach who has been had the most talented team in the country 5 times and won the title once.

It's time to call a spade a spade. Cal is a very good coach, but in game he is very average compared to many others. Given the roster over the last 6 years I find it hard to believe that at least a handful of coaches wouldn't have done more. No other coach can assemble this kind of talent, but Cal is very stubborn and it usually gets him this time of year.

2010, 2012, and 2015 should have won. Other than that, they had good, young talent and no depth.

Coach K has had a ton of #1 recruiting classes.

Now to be fair this years UK team had a ton of talent, probably the deepest ever, that does not mean they had the best players though. Just like the NFL talk the last few years about the Bengals having the most talent in the league does not translate to the best players...big difference and I think many confuse the two meanings.

This year for instance,Duke starts more Freshman than UK, yet it's Cal and UK that is always labeled the one and done's. Just an unfair assessment of the team in my opinion.

I'm not disagreeing with you guys. Just never been that big of a Calipari fan, with what he can recruit he should do as well as he does. Maybe I'm jaded (and no it's not from the loss last night).

I agree wholeheartedly.

Coach K has been knocked out in the first round twice in the last 3 years yet you never hear the type of criticism Cal receives. For those who say Cal always gets the best players, well that used to be Coach K's teams year after year and he was never held accountable for bad tournament finishes. Cal gets way too much criticism and it comes mostly out of pure jealousy.

4 final 4's in the last 5 years. Can't argue with that kind of success.

Cal gets far more criticism than Coach K because Cal is seen by many (not me) as a guy who left two programs in trouble with the NCAA. Then he goes to UK and immediately starts bringing the best talent every year. Many non UK fans think that at some point he may put UK in trouble with NCAA too. Again, I don't think that. Coach K is seen as an icon who does things the right way, never has his program in trouble after being there forever...oh, and he has been to 12 final fours, coached Olympic teams, etc. He is just seen as pretty much untouchable by many.

2010, 2012, and 2015 should have won. Other than that, they had good, young talent and no depth.

2010 is the team that Cal should be critized for. No excuse for them to not reach the Final 4. Once you get to the Final 4, the thing is a toss up and any team could win the whole thing.

I'm not disagreeing with you guys. Just never been that big of a Calipari fan, with what he can recruit he should do as well as he does. Maybe I'm jaded (and no it's not from the loss last night).

I learned the last few years that HS rankings of players doesn't mean too much. Players still need to learn to play as a team and that is what Cal was able to do so good this year and in 2012. He has had players that play for themselves that were ranked among the best coming out of HS that ended up being horrible teammates and team players. Goodwin may have been one of,the highly touted kids his freshman year but was one of the most selfish players I've seen play. When you get HS kids who could do whatever they wanted in high school and then bring them together on one team, you have to have a great coach to get them to be unselfish and play as a team Instead of individuals.