Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wisconsin 71 Kentucky 64

Featured Replies

The only one who needs to is KAT.

 

...but, that's coming from somebody who has never had 7-8 figures waved in front of his face, at 18-20 years old knowing I'd never have to work a day in my entire life even if I was a complete failure.

  • Replies 240
  • Views 36.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As for anyone blaming Cal for costing the Cats this game, personally think that's just nonsense. The man takes a team to another final four (and four in five years), blends another team in to a "Team", having them sacrifice their own stardom for the benefit of the team - only this group Wins 38 Consecutive games, ending up 38-1.

Everyone is got their own opinion and that's fine, I respect it. I just think that the coach is far to often an "easy out" to blame (and that's at All levels of ball, h.s., ncaa, nba, etc..) when the actual reason is that their (fans) team just flat got beat, outplayed. That's JMO.

 

Cal is an all time great college coach. Bo Ryan was better tonight...

I see Cal as the Dean Smith of this era. Best talent in college but not able to win the titles you might expect with that much talent.

As for anyone blaming Cal for costing the Cats this game, personally think that's just nonsense. The man takes a team to another final four (and four in five years), blends another team in to a "Team", having them sacrifice their own stardom for the benefit of the team - only this group Wins 38 Consecutive games, ending up 38-1.

Everyone is got their own opinion and that's fine, I respect it. I just think that the coach is far to often an "easy out" to blame (and that's at All levels of ball, h.s., ncaa, nba, etc..) when the actual reason is that their (fans) team just flat got beat, outplayed. That's JMO.

 

The same coach who has been had the most talented team in the country 5 times and won the title once.

 

It's time to call a spade a spade. Cal is a very good coach, but in game he is very average compared to many others. Given the roster over the last 6 years I find it hard to believe that at least a handful of coaches wouldn't have done more. No other coach can assemble this kind of talent, but Cal is very stubborn and it usually gets him this time of year.

I never had a good feeling the entire season on UK winning it all. How many times does the best team really win the Championship? With a 1 game shot too many things can happen. The first 34 games I didn't really care if they lost and never got upset during the close games as I always knew there was a tomorrow. Don't get me wrong 40-0 would have been great. I was one that thought a loss would have been good. Like the 96 and 12 teams in the SEC Tourney. I was a nervous wreck the entire game and now here I sit on the couch, cause I can't sleep, refusing to turn the tv on espn. I just want to go outside and do a "Forrest Gump jog for no particular reason. Worst I've felt since the Laettner shot!

The same coach who has been had the most talented team in the country 5 times and won the title once.

 

It's time to call a spade a spade. Cal is a very good coach, but in game he is very average compared to many others. Given the roster over the last 6 years I find it hard to believe that at least a handful of coaches wouldn't have done more. No other coach can assemble this kind of talent, but Cal is very stubborn and it usually gets him this time of year.

 

Hard to hate on a guy that's taken UK to 4 final 4's in five years

Hard to hate on a guy that's taken UK to 4 final 4's in five years

 

I agree. Just keep getting the talent in here, get the Cats to the final four and we'll take our chances from there.

Booker just isn't tough enough. But, he shouldn't be. He's a freshman. It's ok.

 

The Twins? The same. They'd physically get dominated.

 

Lyles? outside of KAT, has the most upside. But still don't think he does or needs to.

 

WCS? Made Webber look a little smarter than what most gave him credit for. Unless it's an outlet, he has zero offensive game.

 

I've been a 12>15 guy all year long. I think all of these guys could all have very nice NBA careers one day. But I don't see it If they leave right now.

 

Opinions brought to you by someone who played high school basketball through his senior year, loves basketball...but, watches it mainly to make the football season get here sooner.

Hard to hate on a guy that's taken UK to 4 final 4's in five years

True. But it is what it is. Not saying to fire him or anything, but outside of 2010 UK has lost the same way each year. Close game, no adjustments, poor offense down the stretch, loss. Hard to ignore that. Hard to believe that when all of the names of this UK era are looked at down the road that potentially only one title will have been won. Maybe it's bad luck, but UK could have won this one tonight.

True. But it is what it is. Not saying to fire him or anything, but outside of 2010 UK has lost the same way each year. Close game, no adjustments, poor offense down the stretch, loss. Hard to ignore that. Hard to believe that when all of the names of this UK era are looked at down the road that potentially only one title will have been won. Maybe it's bad luck, but UK could have won this one tonight.

 

I thought it was over when UK went up 4.

I thought it was over when UK went up 4.

 

You and me both Deuce.

I thought it was over when UK went up 4.

 

It should have been

I thought it was over when UK went up 4.

 

I think every one on UK's bench did. I think all the Cats on the floor did. That was part of the problem.

I thought it was over when UK went up 4.

 

I wasn't quite there, but when they were up 4 with the ball, I thought if they could score at all on those two possessions they were in that situation, that they had them. On each I think they were way too late in starting their offense and Wisconsin did a great job on defense each time.

 

The flip side is that when Dekker hit the three and then Lyles got the charge, I KNEW it was over then.

The missed call on the shot clock violation was obviously a big deal, but it killed me just before that when Cauley-Stein had blocked the shot by Koenig that Kentucky had four guys in perfect rebound position that watched the ball take a bounce inbounds and go out. I guess it is probably asking a lot for them to know what had happened, but it's a shame none of them realized that they needed to get the ball since it was going to be out on them. I don't even think it would have been all that difficult to save it to someone on the team.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.