Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wisconsin 71 Kentucky 64

Featured Replies

Cal didn't make an adjustment or call a play. He runs no plays. That hurts down the stretch. It finally bit the Cats. After one or two possessions why didn't he call a TO or call something out?

 

5 guys show up to the Y to play up and down ball ran into a system team last weekend and this weekend. Finally got them.

  • Replies 240
  • Views 36.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uk was out rebounded by 12, outscored by 9 from the FT line and by 12 from behind the arc, hard to overcome all 3 of these stats.

Was just discussing this with @HammerTime

What did you all come up with?

 

Don't get me wrong the players made plenty of mistakes but UK was in control of the game and then never got another good shot. I refuse to put that all on the players. Draw something up and get a good look. That's what coaches are suppose to do. It's up to the players to capitalize on their opportunities but I don't think Cal gave them a shot to win or close it out.

Congrats to Kentucky and especially the players aon a stellar season.

 

Kentucky has outsized almost every opponent all season. Tonight the were even in size and need to use their other talent and not just go big on big. They should have got for ain 80+ point game - Wisconsin probably gets worn down if Kentucky uses their full package.

 

I have said that the Kentucky season would come down to the last 3 games a long time ago since no one will be able to hang with them in the SEC or the first 3 rounds. But I still had them to win it all - as you can seee on Yahoo.

 

Great back to back seasons but the last 3 games in the NCAA are a crap shoot.

I really am not that upset by this loss. They played a good game and got beat by a very good team in the final four. Disappointed of course but it was such a great season it is hard to feel anything but proud of the season this team put together.

I'm with you.

I was prepared for this the last couple weeks. The way they played this tourney I was expecting a loss tonight. WI played awesome and we still went up 4 with under 6 mins left. We had a chance, but the PG play at that point hurt us. It is what it is.

 

I did a coup,e things this season I've never done before. I bought tickets for Monday's game just in case they made it so I could witness history just in case and a bucket list thing. I also got a team signed ball from them this year, they may not have gone 40-0 but they did set an alltime record for most wins in a single season before a loss.

 

They are a team that will always be remembered.

Cal almost never calls timeouts in situations like that. He has coached it that way for as long as I can remember going back to Memphis.

How about just calling a set and getting a look? Just once in those four possessions? A basket or two and the Cats are playing on Monday in all likelihood.

What did you all come up with?

 

Don't get me wrong the players made plenty of mistakes but UK was in control of the game and then never got another good shot. I refuse to put that all on the players. Draw something up and get a good look. That's what coaches are suppose to do. It's up to the players to capitalize on their opportunities but I don't think Cal gave them a shot to win or close it out.

 

To me it just doesn't seem like there was any play drawn up or called or anything... That is WAY too big of a situation to just send kids out there to figure it out on their own.

UK was looking ahead to Duke. Never want to play the second game in these situations.

What did you all come up with?

 

Don't get me wrong the players made plenty of mistakes but UK was in control of the game and then never got another good shot. I refuse to put that all on the players. Draw something up and get a good look. That's what coaches are suppose to do. It's up to the players to capitalize on their opportunities but I don't think Cal gave them a shot to win or close it out.

 

I would have put Booker in the game for Lyles and run the curl off the wing screen with him or Aaron. That play worked multiple times for the Cats.

UK was looking ahead to Duke. Never want to play the second game in these situations.

 

Cop out.

But even with that UK was up by four and failure to execute on the offensive end is eventually what lost the game.

 

Play of the game was the 3 pointer (Koenig?) on a UK defensive lapse.

 

Put as much blame on Cal for taking the air out of the ball as you feel necessary. Won't argue there one bit.

 

Still, I'll contend the game was won by the Wisky offense abusing a poor strategy by Cal and cleaning up the offensive glass when they missed. Those were 30-35 minute issues, not 2-4 minute lapses...

To me it just doesn't seem like there was any play drawn up or called or anything... That is WAY too big of a situation to just send kids out there to figure it out on their own.

 

I agree. I can't believe anyone would think this is a good idea. The players on this team wanted to win. They would have ran anything that would have given them the best opportunity to do so IMO. Cal took the easy way out and hoped for the best.

The fact that UK was not a GREAT rebounding team baffles me. How does a team with that many BIG athletes not own the boards every game. They were outrebounded by 12 tonight. That should never happen with this team.

I would have put Booker in the game for Lyles and run the curl off the wing screen with him or Aaron. That play worked multiple times for the Cats.

I would have had Ullis in for Andrew and Booker in for Lyles after we went up 4 and started the turnover barrage.

 

Remember even after the first couple shot clock disasters they still kept WI from scoring, but no changes made is what I do blame Cal for. Andrew was killing us and he kept him in.

Put as much blame on Cal for taking the air out of the ball as you feel necessary. Won't argue there one bit.

 

Still, I'll contend the game was won by the Wisky offense abusing a poor strategy by Cal and cleaning up the offensive glass when they missed. Those were 30-35 minute issues, not 2-4 minute lapses...

 

UK scores once in those four possessions and the lapses likely don't matter.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.