March 29, 201511 yr Kentucky's last missed shot came with 12:16 left in the game. Pretty incredible. Notre Dame was 6/16 in the same span, and missed their last three shots, going the final 2:36 scoreless. If you count free throws, Kentucky went the final 8:43 with the ball going through the net each time it left their hand. That's amazing and that's what it took to win. I thought ND played not to loose on their last 3 possessions. In all 3 they took shots with the clock expiring
March 29, 201511 yr here is how bad UK's defense was tonight. Notre Dame made 26 FGs and 20 of them were either lay-ups or dunks. ......also, UK forced only one turnover during the last 25 minutes of the game (if I heard correctly).
March 29, 201511 yr ND 40 points in the paint, that's something I didn't think they could do to this team. Augeste was an absolute beast. The only thing that disappointed me was Auguste having his way down there. The drives I could live with. This literally was the Florida game plan, but with a lot better talent.
March 29, 201511 yr Notre Dame worried me going into the game because they could shoot the 3. The threat of the 3 helped open driving lanes. UK was staying with their man which allowed ND to drive to the hoop. Also the switches on the ball screen creating mismatches on the switch. Those 2 things really broke down UK's defense.
March 29, 201511 yr Yes Grant stepped back for a good look on WCS and Andrew got up on the shot but also give credit to Lyles for getting a hand up on the shot after Andrew flew by Grant. I admit Notre Dame was much better than I thought at the beginning of the tournament. They stepped up on the defensive end big time in the tournament and played great defense on the Cats tonight. Auguste did a good job following the shot blocker and picking up garbage baskets all night. I thought Connaughton was great throughout the game inside. He played much bigger than 6'5" and was a man on the boards. I think Cal should have played Lee more tonight. Dakari got burned on defense trying to guard the 6'5" guys for ND and Lee was much better suited to play in this game. ND broke down UK on defense like no one else has all year but the Cats tightened it up at crunch time to escape with the win. If you can get the CBS Sports Network, this game will be replayed on Sunday. Replays (all times Eastern): 1:30 a.m., 6:00 a.m., 8:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m.
March 29, 201511 yr Seven of the previous 12 teams that entered the Final Four won the title, and one of those five that didn't we had to have one because two unbeaten teams made the Final Four. So we've finally reached a level where the odds favor Kentucky doing it. They're the first team since UNLV in 1991 to enter the Final Four unbeaten. Indiana State in 1979 was the last unbeaten team to make the finals.
March 29, 201511 yr ND 40 points in the paint, that's something I didn't think they could do to this team. Augeste was an absolute beast. You just can't help off of a guy like that. He's like a more skilled version of Marcus Lee. He just hangs out on the edges of the lane and flies to the rim when someone drives. He got most of his points on putbacks and when the guards penetrated and dropped it back to him. With a guy like that you have to keep a body on him when someone drives. Our guys were leaving him to help out and he plays with too much energy and athleticism for that. He wasn't going to beat us with post moves, we made it easy for him. He played a whale of a game though. Had he not gotten in foul trouble UK might have been down 6-8 points at the half.
March 29, 201511 yr What about Billy Hoyle hanging on the rim? We're the refs just impressed? very impressed.
March 29, 201511 yr If you say so it must be so. Dude seriously give it up and just watch the replay. Yes WCS did a great job staying with him all the way up the court and prevented him from getting into the lane for a layup or a pass to an open three point shooter. However when Grant did that step back if you watch the replay WCS ended up falling for it and ended up five feet from him. WCS didn't even get a chance to jump or put his hand up, Grant got a chance to get set and then Harrison and was right there to make him double pump and I believe Lyle's also got his hand in his face. GT is dead right on this one. Great job by WCS all the way down the court and then great job by Harrison.
March 29, 201511 yr Notre Dame 4-14 on three pointers. UK took that away but ND shot 46% from the floor. UK shot 75% from the floor in the second half. Maybe I spoke too soon about the ND defense being better in the tournament.
March 29, 201511 yr Not to be petty, but WCS didn't even go up to block that shot he was so far away. It was Lyles and Harrison https://vine.co/v/OL7KezLzlQp
March 29, 201511 yr Wow I will have a heart attack one of these days with games like this, but at the same time I love these games as long as we win haha. Great game by Notre Same, I believe Joker said it earlier this year that Notre Same would give UK trouble and he was right. However 38 wins down, 2 wins to go! Go cats! #BBN
March 29, 201511 yr What about Billy Hoyle hanging on the rim? We're the refs just impressed? While I absolutely loathe the rule, it did look like he hung on the rim. However, I'm okay if that is never called. Stupid rule.
March 29, 201511 yr While I absolutely loathe the rule' date=' it did look like he hung on the rim. However, I'm okay if that is never called. Stupid rule.[/quote'] Why is it a stupid rule? There's no reason to hang on the rim unless you're trying to protect yourself.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.