Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 68 Notre Dame 66

Featured Replies

WCS had a huge block on Grant the possession before I believe. Big time luxury to have a 7 footer that hang with an NBA lvl guard in iso.

 

Yup. Big time block. And also I thought it was big that someone deflected that inbounds pass to get the shot clock violation because if you get some crazy shot up in that situation, who knows how that ball bounces off the rim.

  • Replies 179
  • Views 27.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's just say the last play was great team defense which it was. Willie running w Grant, basically pinning him to the baseline with Andrew forcing the pump and Trey cleaning up. It was beautiful and it all happened right in front of me!!!

Really can't believe they pulled that out. Wisconsin is going to be really tough. They looked ridiculous tonight.

 

Agreed! It amazing to me that people have been saying on here most of the year that Wisconsin isn't that good and not much of a threat to beat UK. They are a very good basketball team and I think UK will win but it will be another close one. They just like Notre Same just play very good fundamental basketball and can spread the floor and can shoot. Not sure why people have thought they weren't that good. It will be a tough one.

Any thoughts on the block call on Andrew's drive? Seemed pretty obvious on the jumbotron in the Q. Just asking because I've seen some people on Twitter (cards fans) saying otherwise

I like UK, I really do. Almost always root for them. That said, my takes on this one:

 

Ya gotta love UK fans. In the update thread and in this thread, people are actually questioning why no T on a dunk? How about don't give up the dunk, and it won't matter. Love that kind of stuff. I did like the Hoyle reference someone made though. Good get. My response would be, who the heck was guarding the Hoyle looking kid that gave up that drive?

 

ND played good, not great. Down the stretch they were hard to watch. Team was defined by shooting the 3 well, and they did not tonight. They exploited some UK weaknesses, but did so out of the base of their offense. Same thing they did to Wichita. .

 

On the points in the paint thing. Not like ND posted them and had their way. Offensive rebounds, and catches high into drives were the deal. With Wisconsin looming, that worries me. Big guys that can bounce it are trouble,

 

Harrison's 3 seemed big at the time, but was negated on Grant's 3. Irrelevant from then on, Grant's 3 put the game back in reset. You get what you get with the Harrison's. A big three, big foul shots. Two big turnovers down the stretch as well. Not sure if it was Webber or Elmore, but one of them mentioned "hero" plays after the live ball Harrison turnover late. I fear a hero play by one or both late as much as I think they will hit a shot.

 

Huge plays by UK and Cal. Starts a different lineup in the second half. Two set plays to Towns, one for a bucket one for a kick out three. Without those 5 points to start the half, UK is sunk with the ND run that followed.

 

I don't get ND not doubling down on Towns at some point the in the second half. I get it cost you a three (see above), but don't you have to stop getting beat at two feet?

 

Grant for ND is really good. UK couldn't turn him over, and had to work like heck just to contain him. Defense was much better the last several minutes thanks to the Cal offense/defense subs and the fact that WCS ended up on Grant a lot of those possessions. Every high school team in Ky. will now go to offense/defense subs next year. Brey should have done the same.

 

On the somewhat debated last play. WCS did a great job running with/funneling Grant to the dead baseline. If he hadn't done such a good job, an NBA guard gets a better look from a better angle or gets to see more of the floor to throw one pass to another shooter. Nobody dribbles to the dead corner of the court to shoot a step back three because they want to. Nice job WCS.

 

Grant did appear to get shake WCS though. Fortunately, Harrison and another defender both came to contest. Nice job by both following the ball late in the play. Nice thing for UK, the guy was being funneled to the dead corner of the court. Otherwise, three guys guarding/chasing the ball could be a bad thing.

During the UK post game press conference some reporter kept asking the players questions and Cal told him that was his last question. The reporter said you never talk to me in the season this is different. Don't think Cal liked it to much didn't hear who the reporter was.

 

Unless I missed the voice, it was Larry Vaught.

Unless I missed the voice' date=' it was Larry Vaught.[/quote']

 

My first guess would have been Jerry Tipton.

What about a little zone defense every now and then? Cal was outcoached very badly.....no changes during the game....just sat there and hoped his size and talent would make him look good....not impressed!!!

I think tonight would have been a game that Poythreis would have been huge for the Cats. I believe they will really miss him against Wisconsin.

I said the same thing to my husband after the game last night.

Yeah because ESPN is ALWAYS right......:lol2:

 

Was watching this morning and they screwed up big time. Showed refs looking at the replay and they gave the ball to ND with 1 second on the clock. ESPN reported they gave the ball to UK...big time mess up in my book.Just watch the film.....:ohbrother:

Any thoughts on the block call on Andrew's drive? Seemed pretty obvious on the jumbotron in the Q. Just asking because I've seen some people on Twitter (cards fans) saying otherwise

 

When it happened at full speed I could not tell what they called and feared it was a charge. Replay clearly showed the defender kinda got set and moved again as Harrison drove. It was the right call.

Any thoughts on the block call on Andrew's drive? Seemed pretty obvious on the jumbotron in the Q. Just asking because I've seen some people on Twitter (cards fans) saying otherwise

 

UL fans were seeing double at that hour.

Had he let go he'd have gotten hurt. Did you not see him swinging wildly out of control?

 

I totally missed the fact there was a mid game dunk contest.

What a game. Towns was a beast.

 

Harrison brothers come through again.

 

Ulis' three might have been the biggest shot in the game though.

 

About to read all these posts.

I knew when it happened the credit would go the wrong way. One look at the play and what really happened is crystal clear...

 

I agree with you that Cauley-Stein did not get a hand up but his Defense kept Grant out of the center of the floor and pushed him to the corner.

 

I am sure you said this somewhere but didn't want to look through all the posts.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.