Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 68 Notre Dame 66

Featured Replies

I guess you haven't paid much attention to college threads during the year. Over the last two months when people have talked about teams who could beat UK, for most of the year people on here have said Wisconsin is not that good, they are no threat to UK, they don't play defense. UK beat them last year with a worst team, and that shows UK should definitely handle them this year. I been saying most of the year that Wisconsin is a team that worries me, and those are some of the responses I have gotten back when I have said that. So since I assume you wouldn't want to take the time to look up how you are wrong on that, I would have no problem looking it up and bringing up the post and threads that shows this if you would like?

 

Funny thing then that when a poll was posted that asked BGPers who they feared the most in regards to UK losing in the tournament that Wisconsin was the team that won the poll. In fact, they were 5 votes ahead of Duke who came in second. Maybe someone was saying that to you but I think the poll shows that BGP in general has a healthy respect for Wisky.

 

Here's the link to the poll: http://bluegrasspreps.com/college-basketball/who-do-you-301177.html

  • Replies 179
  • Views 27.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Funny thing then that when a poll was posted that asked BGPers who they feared the most in regards to UK losing in the tournament that Wisconsin was the team that won the poll. In fact, they were 5 votes ahead of Duke who came in second. Maybe someone was saying that to you but I think the poll shows that BGP in general has a healthy respect for Wisky.

 

Here's the link to the poll: http://bluegrasspreps.com/college-basketball/who-do-you-301177.html

 

I think the poll shows that BGP has a lot of respect for Wisconsin

I've said all along that Wisconsin was the team that worries me the most. @Wireman has stated he has no fear of the Cats playing Wisconsin that the Cats would easily beat them around 11-15 points. Do you still feel that way Wireman?

Funny thing then that when a poll was posted that asked BGPers who they feared the most in regards to UK losing in the tournament that Wisconsin was the team that won the poll. In fact, they were 5 votes ahead of Duke who came in second. Maybe someone was saying that to you but I think the poll shows that BGP in general has a healthy respect for Wisky.

 

Here's the link to the poll: http://bluegrasspreps.com/college-basketball/who-do-you-301177.html

 

I think the poll shows that BGP has a lot of respect for Wisconsin

 

And when was that poll posted? At the end of the year wasn't it like right around conference tournament time correct? Take a look at what some has said about Wisconsin most of the season and you will see the exact comments I am talking about. Shoot even in the prediction thread there are still some who say Wisconsin doesn't worry them.

I've said all along that Wisconsin was the team that worries me the most. @Wireman has stated he has no fear of the Cats playing Wisconsin that the Cats would easily beat them around 11-15 points. Do you still feel that way Wireman?

 

Very true! I am interested in hearing what he thinks now.

Funny thing then that when a poll was posted that asked BGPers who they feared the most in regards to UK losing in the tournament that Wisconsin was the team that won the poll. In fact, they were 5 votes ahead of Duke who came in second. Maybe someone was saying that to you but I think the poll shows that BGP in general has a healthy respect for Wisky.

 

Here's the link to the poll: http://bluegrasspreps.com/college-basketball/who-do-you-301177.html

 

I think the poll shows that BGP has a lot of respect for Wisconsin

 

And when was that poll posted? At the end of the year wasn't it like right around conference tournament time correct? Take a look at what some has said about Wisconsin most of the season and you will see the exact comments I am talking about. Shoot even in the prediction thread there are still some who say Wisconsin doesn't worry them.

 

Well I take credit when I am right, but when I am proven wrong I will admit that too and I was wrong on this. I just went back to a lot of threads where Wisconsin was talked about, and most of the comments I was referring to about people thinking Wisconsin was not that good, and UK would have no problem with them came from about only 2 or 3 posters on here. Which obviously 2 or 3 posters doesn't mean the majority of people were thinking that, so I was wrong on that.

I guess you haven't paid much attention to college threads during the year. Over the last two months when people have talked about teams who could beat UK, for most of the year people on here have said Wisconsin is not that good, they are no threat to UK, they don't play defense. UK beat them last year with a worst team, and that shows UK should definitely handle them this year. I been saying most of the year that Wisconsin is a team that worries me, and those are some of the responses I have gotten back when I have said that. So since I assume you wouldn't want to take the time to look up how you are wrong on that, I would have no problem looking it up and bringing up the post and threads that shows this if you would like?

 

I guess I was the one who didn't play close enough attention to college threads this year. It was only a couple of people who were saying these things. So you were right, I was wrong.

Well I take credit when I am right, but when I am proven wrong I will admit that too and I was wrong on this. I just went back to a lot of threads where Wisconsin was talked about, and most of the comments I was referring to about people thinking Wisconsin was not that good, and UK would have no problem with them came from about only 2 or 3 posters on here. Which obviously 2 or 3 posters doesn't mean the majority of people were thinking that, so I was wrong on that.

 

It's easy to do when you aren't talking face to face. A couple of people that really defend their position over and over can seem like more.

Just finished reading all posts................It is amazing how bad a 38-0 team can be....................or so it seems........Hope UK can pull off 2 more in spite of all these apparent and transparent flaws.........Again, off topic........Can we get some broadcasters that are not so ACC affiliated such as Len Elmore. He has dug at UK and Calipari all season. There is bound to be someone who can call a game w/o throwing in the hate.

I've said all along that Wisconsin was the team that worries me the most. @Wireman has stated he has no fear of the Cats playing Wisconsin that the Cats would easily beat them around 11-15 points. Do you still feel that way Wireman?

 

I don't like what I saw out of Kentucky against ND. Their defense was weak and I felt like they were playing the undefeated streak as much as the Irish. They seemed to be under a lot of pressure. That being said, I still think Kentucky wins, but I'm going to go 8-12 points now.

Man was that a game! Grant, Jackson and Auguste all have bright futures ahead of them.

Don't mistake Auguste's performance last night as evidence of him being a great player. He did a great job going to the basket and getting stickbacks off missed shots. What did he do besides that? I can think of maybe one basket he had all night where he made a shot with someone guarding him. Maybe he is a future NBA player but I didn't see anything in last night's game that showed me that. If Marcus Lee played for ND, he could have done just what Auguste did last night in that game.

My first guess would have been Jerry Tipton.

 

I thought the voice sounded like Larry.

I thought the voice sounded like Larry.

 

You're probably right. I didn't hear the voice I was just saying Tipton would have been my guess based on his history.

I thought most analysts all year were saying that Wisconsin matched up with UK better than any other team because of their size and athletes.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.