Trinity 57 Owensboro 40

If you think Spaulding is better than Holman and its not close, I have to question your basketball IQ. Most of spauldings points came off turnovers, which to his credit, he forced. But when he had to actually post up, he was largely ineffective. Holman is far more diversified in his skill set and showed that last night with jumpers, and scoring on the block. Holman also had a few 3s go in and out.

I give total credit to trinity because they made OHS pay dearly for every single mistake. OHS had well over 20 turnovers many of which were sloppy or ill advised passes. OHS guards need to penetrate more. When Harris was penetrating OHS cut into the lead and was a missed 3 pointer from cutting it to 3 in the 3rd. OHS then went back to passing the ball around the outside and trinity put the game away off turnovers and easy baskets.

Again, credit to trinity but I don't honestly feel like they're 17 points better than OHS. This game will benefit the Red Devils as will the next two against Henderson and Hoptown. 3rd region teams have a way of making OHS "play down" because most every team in the 3rd mucks it up against OHS.

Good luck to the rocks and hopefully we can do it again in Rupp!

If you think Spaulding is better than Holman and its not close, I have to question your basketball IQ. Most of spauldings points came off turnovers, which to his credit, he forced. But when he had to actually post up, he was largely ineffective. Holman is far more diversified in his skill set and showed that last night with jumpers, and scoring on the block. Holman also had a few 3s go in and out.

I give total credit to trinity because they made OHS pay dearly for every single mistake. OHS had well over 20 turnovers many of which were sloppy or ill advised passes. OHS guards need to penetrate more. When Harris was penetrating OHS cut into the lead and was a missed 3 pointer from cutting it to 3 in the 3rd. OHS then went back to passing the ball around the outside and trinity put the game away off turnovers and easy baskets.

Again, credit to trinity but I don't honestly feel like they're 17 points better than OHS. This game will benefit the Red Devils as will the next two against Henderson and Hoptown. 3rd region teams have a way of making OHS "play down" because most every team in the 3rd mucks it up against OHS.

Contemplating if this is even worth a response.

Contemplating if this is even worth a response.

Why not? Give it a whirl! Lol

All I stated was that Holman showed a more diversified game which I think will make him a better college player. Spaulding is primarily a post player and at 6-9 is going to have a hard time getting those shots in college. Holman can score down low and outside. Holman did finish with 15 points, 10 boards and 6 blocks. Not too shabby for a guy that was constantly double teamed all night.

Edited by devils58

I say Spalding went about 3-6 on shots created by a post move. The ones he missed as you said "went in and out" and for some odd reason were rushed, but the post scores he did have all threw were on Holman and Miller. All of Holman's points were off Penetration dump offs, Spalding helping weak side and he sneaks in the lane, or put backs when Spalding was out of position. I didn't see him score on Spalding not one single time. The opposite can't be said. Holman is a nice player and a tremendous athlete but personally I don't think he and Spalding are on the same level. I may be biased, :lol: but who knows.

Why not? Give it a whirl! Lol

All I stated was that Holman showed a more diversified game which I think will make him a better college player. Spaulding is primarily a post player and at 6-9 is going to have a hard time getting those shots in college. Holman can score down low and outside. Holman did finish with 15 points, 10 boards and 6 blocks. Not too shabby for a guy that was constantly double teamed all night.

Funny that you say he is primarily a post player. Who doubled him? Spalding's left and right arm? But in all seriousness if Holman was projected to be a better college player he would have the UL '15 offer over Spalding and wouldn't be attending post prep to get that offer.

Funny that you say he is primarily a post player. Who doubled him? Spalding's left and right arm? But in all seriousness if Holman was projected to be a better college player he would have the UL '15 offer over Spalding and wouldn't be attending post prep to get that offer.

I think it's fair to say we agree to disagree. With the end result, you probably have more merit and I think it's fist to say we both have biased opinions. Keep in mind that Holman is 17 and that's another reason he needs prep school. Holman has several other D1 offers but his desire to attend UoL and Pitino wanting him to go to prep school is the main reasons he's prepping. Shacka Smart has basically lived in owensboro the past year trying to get Holman to VCU.

And yes once Holman got the ball on the block Trinity would slide a guy over as they should've. Trinity is very well coached. OHS' guards played scared and against a talented team like Trinity, if you're scared, you're done.

Again, hopefully OHS and Trinity can do it again at Rupp!

And FWIW...Pitino as been know to misevaluate talent a time or two lol. ;)

I think it's fair to say we agree to disagree. With the end result, you probably have more merit and I think it's fist to say we both have biased opinions. Keep in mind that Holman is 17 and that's another reason he needs prep school. Holman has several other D1 offers but his desire to attend UoL and Pitino wanting him to go to prep school is the main reasons he's prepping. Shacka Smart has basically lived in owensboro the past year trying to get Holman to VCU.

And yes once Holman got the ball on the block Trinity would slide a guy over as they should've. Trinity is very well coached. OHS' guards played scared and against a talented team like Trinity, if you're scared, you're done.

Again, hopefully OHS and Trinity can do it again at Rupp!

And FWIW...Pitino as been know to misevaluate talent a time or two lol. ;)

We most definitely can agree to disagree as we are both biased. But in terms of others, Ray also had a nice Duke offer on the table if he chose to go that route. Ray is also 17. ;)

It's odd Holman's stats were not mentioned yet... 15 points 10 boards and 6 blocks. Sounds Like a pretty good game also. Spaulding is a great athlete, better than Holman. Only seeing Spaulding last year, Holman is more diversified offensively, but Spaulding May have come on since last year. Both are great Defensively

I didnt see the game so it is hard for me to comment. I will say that its a little unfair to compare the two players because IMO, they play two different positions. Just because Aric is tall doesnt make him a post player. I feel like Holman will/should play the 3 spot at the next level. He needs to improve a little off the dribble but has all the tools. I think its bias to make judgements off seeing a player 1-2 times and coming to a quick conclusion on his game. I mean that for both sides. Aric is as well rounded as they come. He can shoot it, pass it and is one of the best shot blockers ive seen on a high school level. If he is better than Spaulding or not, its irrelevant. He will be successful somewhere. Im confident in that.

I will say that OHS let me down a little bit in this one. Ive been defending them tooth and nail around here but respect is earned. They had a opportunity to show people that they belonged and come out and looked like they didnt belong. Maybe i overrate them, but i really see the tools to make a run at Rupp. With the snow coming in, it looks like Tuesday's game is vs Hoptown is off. The Devils may get one last chance at a little respect when they travel to Henderson. Another very very tough test.