Trinity 57 Owensboro 40

If you think Spaulding is better than Holman and its not close, I have to question your basketball IQ. Most of spauldings points came off turnovers, which to his credit, he forced. But when he had to actually post up, he was largely ineffective. Holman is far more diversified in his skill set and showed that last night with jumpers, and scoring on the block. Holman also had a few 3s go in and out.

Again, credit to trinity but I don't honestly feel like they're 17 points better than OHS. This game will benefit the Red Devils as will the next two against Henderson and Hoptown. 3rd region teams have a way of making OHS "play down" because most every team in the 3rd mucks it up against OHS.

Good luck to the rocks and hopefully we can do it again in Rupp!

Said the Owensboro fan.....wouldn't expect anything less.

I've seen Owensboro multiple times this season and like I said, I really like Holman. BUT, he misses way too many shots around the rim and needs to improve his strength to be successful at the next level. There's a reason he's taking the prep route and why Louisville took Spalding this season and not him.

Don't take this as me bashing Aric. I would have loved to see him end up at Cincinnati just because of his potential combined with his length/athleticism. But, I'm taking Spalding's ALL AROUND game all day.

I didnt see the game so it is hard for me to comment. I will say that its a little unfair to compare the two players because IMO, they play two different positions. Just because Aric is tall doesnt make him a post player. I feel like Holman will/should play the 3 spot at the next level. He needs to improve a little off the dribble but has all the tools. I think its bias to make judgements off seeing a player 1-2 times and coming to a quick conclusion on his game. I mean that for both sides. Aric is as well rounded as they come. He can shoot it, pass it and is one of the best shot blockers ive seen on a high school level. If he is better than Spaulding or not, its irrelevant. He will be successful somewhere. Im confident in that.

I've seen both multiple times both over the summer and during high school season.

Aric needs ALOT of work to play the 3 at the next level. Not enough quickness to defend that position and doesn't have a consistent outside shot/mid range game to play there right now. I see him projecting as a stretch 4 at the next level...same with Ray. But I do like Ray's potential to play the 3 at some point more than Aric.

Both need to get in the weight room and improve their strength to be successful.